Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Got me a manly gun... Empty
PostSubject: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 4:59 pm

After listening for to long to the fellers make fun of my tiny Ruger LCP I figured I'd upgrade to something a little more manly.

Got me a manly gun... Imagejpg1_zpsfa197caa S&W 637
Back to top Go down
Fight'n Hampsters

Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:02 pm

puros_bran wrote:
After listening for to long to the fellers make fun of my tiny Ruger LCP I figured I'd upgrade to something a little more manly.

Got me a manly gun... Imagejpg1_zpsfa197caa S&W 637

Sweet! I think it suits you well.
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Titanium cylinder?

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Umm sure?? Lol
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 11:24 pm

Is that the NFL breast cancer awareness "Fight for the Cure" model?
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 11:39 pm

I think it's the "better be 20meters away before making fun of my pink gun" Limited Edition.
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:39 am

I know that pink thing has a really short barrel. But having just shot indoors with my 3 3/4" barreled 45 Colt, I think I would want to be further away than 20m, even with that little barrel. A man is just too big of a target at that distance.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:33 am

You'd think I was a liar if I told you how far out I score hits with a snub  38 so I just say the expected 15-20 meters and go on...

But it's a 1.87 inch bbl.
Back to top Go down
bosun1

bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:14 am

And I was thinking of a ten gauge side by side double with exterior hammers!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:59 am

Never could get the Navy to understand precision work...smh
Back to top Go down
scotties22

scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Before I bought my 686 (.357 Mag with 3" barrel and wood grip) a few years ago I looked at these little snub nose .38s. They just felt way too small in my hand. I wasn't buying to carry concealed, so "small" really wasn't an issue.....I was buying a kitchen gun and wanted something crazy accurate with 7 rounds and some great knock down power. Can't go wrong with a .357 Mag Very Happy

And there is NO way I will ever have a gun with a pink handle. I don't wear pink football/baseball jerseys just because I'm a girl either Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladybriar.com
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Don't think anyone said anything about you having a pink stock (and they are stocks, not handles or grips) Ms Priss.. So go on with your Long Barreled, oversized, machismo insecurity, compensation.. No one really cares.  I bet you have a really big truck and a real fast sports car too.. Yeah I know your type.

Just kidding Razz   Razz   Couldn't help it.  Razz  Razz

I had a 2.5 M66 back when.  Shooting full power loads was an excessive in forest fire prevention.            The M686 is a fine weapon but honestly I liked it better before they started tinkering with it adding rounds, cutting the lug, moving the firing pin off the hammer, etc.    I had one on long term loan back in the late 80's, really liked it.      

I've literaly had hundred of pistols. I have seven now, all but two of them will disappear in a jacket pocket.  And as for 'kitchen gun'  that's a long gun.
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:53 pm

HMMMM,,,, kitchen gun,,not familiar with that reference,,,,,,the meat we cook in the kitchen is already dead,,,or maybe it's like my first wife,,who had to hold a gun to my head to eat the slop she cooked. lol!lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:59 pm

Ladybriar.com Fine Briar pipes and firearms furniture. Home of the world famous kitchen gun.....

You know what I bet would be an insanely cool set of grips to replace those pink grips on that S&W J frame (besides the set of black grips you can see in the pic if you pay attention)??? Either a flame grain smooth set or a tan blast for grippige.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:59 pm

You mean you don't use a hand gun to open your Pork & Beans? Razz
Back to top Go down
scotties22

scotties22

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Well, my house has three levels and I have a gun on each. The "basement gun" is an AR-15, the "kitchen gun" is the .357 and the "bedroom gun" is an 870 express (loaded with heavy game load). I want to be prepared just in case some one decides to be dump and break in during the day when I am here alone with the kids. I will not wait until something bad happens and then say "Why Me??". I live my life by "Why not me?" and am ready for this stuff to happen. I'll never be kidnapped in a parking lot either....always keep my head up and ready. Soooo...come on over, bad guy, I'm ready and waiting Laughing

And briar would make awesome grips.....but, I'm not making them. Talk about a headache Twisted Evil . I have made one knife and that was enough....I'll leave that to BH. Gotta think gun grips would fall into that same category.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Yeah but you are an artist... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Just jerking your shank Big Horse.
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:34 pm

I think getting shot with a pink pistol would be the ultimate indignity for some dude who thinks he's badass! pale
Back to top Go down
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:39 pm

a 357 kitchen gun.. really? hope you don't have neighbors or the kids aren't in the house when you shoot that thing.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:35 am

Bullwinkle wrote:
a 357 kitchen gun..  really?  hope you don't have neighbors or the kids aren't in the house when you shoot that thing.  

I hope she ( or any of us for that matter) never has a reason to discharge any weapon except at a firing range of her choosing but I hope she (or any like minded individual) is around to protect me or mine if I am unable to for some reason. I'll back the armed citizenry over the perpetrators, armed or otherwise, everytime.

Last edited by puros_bran on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Expanded my thoughts.)
Back to top Go down
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 10:19 am

puros_bran wrote:
Bullwinkle wrote:
a 357 kitchen gun..  really?  hope you don't have neighbors or the kids aren't in the house when you shoot that thing.  

I hope she ( or any of us for that matter) never has a reason to discharge any weapon except at a firing range of her choosing but I hope she (or any like minded individual) is around to protect me or mine if I am unable to for some reason.  I'll back the armed citizenry over the perpetrators, armed or otherwise, everytime.

Huh? I'm not against her having home defense weapons but a 357 in a stick house with kids at home and neighbors in a stick home next door certainly doesn't seem like a wise choice to me. also, with small kids in the house I hope her arsenal isn't just laying around loaded. Her smart move would be to lock up the 357 and ar15 (really) and get a couple more shotguns.
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 11:59 am

WTF,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; , and , every,,,=for,-sect,(4433.5,), if,,-res, house,-9.4334)<span class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" id="sceditor-end-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span><span class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" id="sceditor-start-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span><p></p><br><br>

Back to top Go down
scotties22

scotties22

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Bullwinkle wrote:
puros_bran wrote:
Bullwinkle wrote:

I hope she ( or any of us for that matter) never has a reason to discharge any weapon except at a firing range of her choosing but I hope she (or any like minded individual) is around to protect me or mine if I am unable to for some reason.  I'll back the armed citizenry over the perpetrators, armed or otherwise, everytime.

Huh?  I'm not against her having home defense weapons but a 357 in a stick house with kids at home and neighbors in a stick home next door certainly doesn't seem like a wise choice to me. also, with small kids in the house I hope her arsenal isn't just laying around loaded. Her smart move would be to lock up the 357 and ar15 (really) and get a couple more shotguns.

Don't worry....I am a hillbilly and was raised to have a very healthy respect for all firearms. All of my weapons are properly secured, though they are loaded.

If I just wanted to piss the person off who broke into my house and needs to be shot I would just get a bb gun. Hence the .357, I hit you with that and you aren't getting back up. A .38? I am going to empty the thing and you are still gonna be able to get me. And as always (and I'm sure PB will agree) shooting someone is always a last resort. Taking a life is a huge deal. But, when it come down to someone trying to hurt me and mine it's gonna be them that gets hurt not us.
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:15 pm

<p></p><p><br>I guess (....4334=yet another) &amp;nbsp&amp;nbsp&amp;nbsp,,,=section(44344,&amp;nbsp) ignore,,sceditormarkstartmarker</p><p>nbsp=.""""nbsp nbsp ,,,,(ignoreID start marker)=nbspnbsp lineheight0 ,,"" endspacing displaynone.<span class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" id="sceditor-end-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span><span class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" id="sceditor-start-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span></p>

Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:16 pm

OK, I give up

Back to top Go down

Got me a manly gun...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: