Got me a manly gun...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

Registration date : 2010-04-03

Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 3:55 pm

stupid is as stupid does.. not sure what being a hillbilly has to do with anything. have fun.
Back to top Go down
scotties22

scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Ya' know, I had this whole long rant typed out and just deleted it. We don't all have to agree on everything all the time....I'll leave it at that.

And what does being a hillbilly have to do with gun safety? When was the last time you heard of a hillbilly getting shot by accident or one of their kids finding a "hidden" gun of their parents and hurting themselves or one of their friends. I was brought up in a hunting family and firearms of all sorts were common place. We were taught from a very very young age that they were not toys and weren't to be messed with. When I was old enough I was taught how to properly handle and shoot all types of firearms. That's all I was really sayin' with the "hillbilly" comment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladybriar.com
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 4:50 pm

LOL. silly liberals.
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Took the words outta my mouth

I tried several times earlier today to post but the cybergods didn't receive my offering apparently.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.

Last edited by mark on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 5:03 pm

.357 was the choice of law enforcement agencies and officers for many years. I carried my S&W model 28 as long as I could, until the department finally made us switch to .40 Glocks. Even though my shooting score increased a bit and the gun proved reliable, I still preferred/prefer my .357.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 5:14 pm

Simple, I'd guess the 38 Special was the longest serving caliber in US history. I was just talking about this the other day on another board. My state trooper uncle carried a 357 for most of his career and vehemently argued against forcing the 'old timers' to adopt semi-automatics. My city police chief uncle still carries the S&W Model 66 he bought when he joined the Police back in 73-74.
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 5:26 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Simple, I'd guess the 38 Special was the longest serving caliber in US history.  I was just talking about this the other day on another board. My state trooper uncle carried a 357 for most of his career and vehemently argued against forcing the 'old timers' to adopt semi-automatics. My city police chief uncle still carries the S&W Model 66 he bought when he joined the Police back in 73-74.

It was a hard transition, that is for sure. I just didn't feel dressed for work without that boat anchor weighing me down. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:46 pm

A tad better??Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 Imagejpg1_zpsd7e221c6
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Love the engraving. I always wanted to get that done on a gun of mine, but so far haven't.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:03 pm

That's a TALO special edition Ruger SP101 357mag. They made about 1000 of them. It's one of three firearms I will not sale or trade. The other two consist of a cheap FIE TItan 38special my grandfather carried and a S&W Military and Police Model 1905 38special (later became the Victory Model, then the Model 10) 6"bbl from 1929 my kid's great grandfather carried.
Back to top Go down
scotties22

scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:35 pm

That's MUCH better cheers Now it looks like a gun and not an accessory lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladybriar.com
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:04 pm

As always PB excellent choice even if it was pink. As a really big guy I chose the 1911. My back up is a full sized WW2 Russian TT-33 converted to 9mm. Yes I'm odd. As to gun safety......an unloaded gun is nothing more than a paper weight.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 12:14 am

Huffle I have had several 1911's .. A Springfield, a Taurus PT1911, a Remington-Rand .. Maybe a brand or two I don't remember. They have all been fine weapons..but I just prefer a revolver.
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 4:20 am

Not a thing wrong with a revolver man. I use 1911's because its what I'm most familiar and proficient with. That to me is paramount. Use what you're most comfortable with and you will automatically increase your odds in the event you need to use it.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 1:29 pm

It's one of those deals where I'll trade/barter/buy/beg/borrow/steal an Auto.. Shoot it, buy a decent holster for it, carry it a few times, and then it winds up setting in the drawer until I face reality and sell it.
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

PostSubject: Re: Got me a manly gun...   Got me a manly gun... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 1:47 pm

Yeah I understand that all too well. I spent years looking for a smaller auto that I liked. Finally said screw it, I'm a big guy why the hell should I carry a little pea shooter.
Back to top Go down

Got me a manly gun...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: