HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Escrow accounts?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
briarfire

Registration date : 2009-01-15

Escrow accounts? Empty
PostSubject: Escrow accounts?   Escrow accounts? EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Hello everyone. I have been away from the board for a long time (long story), and it feels good to be back.

I have a question about the pipe selling business, and this seems to be the place to ask it- does anyone use an escrow-like service when they buy or sell pipes? By escrow, I mean a third party that holds the money in a transaction until both parties are satisfied with the deal.

I have a friend who buys and sells jewelry, and was looking for such a service. I told her the pipe community is composed of people of impeccable ethical character, and that such a service isn't needed, but I would ask around, anyway. So, if anyone has heard of such a thing, please reply. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

Escrow accounts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escrow accounts?   Escrow accounts? EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:22 pm

There are various entities online. Don't know if that's what you want. Escrow, in my experience, is handled by lawyers.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

Escrow accounts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escrow accounts?   Escrow accounts? EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:02 pm

How expensive are the pipes you are selling/buying ? My understanding of these accounts is that they make $s for them with % of selling price! Not all that much in the price of even high, high end pipes !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Escrow accounts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escrow accounts?   Escrow accounts? EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:53 pm

PayPal might be the closest thing. You can cancel a payment if there's a problem with the merchandise. I've never had to do that, so you'd have to investigate the details.

I know there are a few online escrow-type services out there. A friend of mine used one to buy some paintings from a guy in China. It does exist, but isn't common in the pipe world.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

Escrow accounts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escrow accounts?   Escrow accounts? EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 4:21 pm

I believe consignment (with appropriate agreements) is the most common thing with pipes, with fellas like Nathan Mattia, Viking Club Pipes. I think he does that kind of thing.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

Escrow accounts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escrow accounts?   Escrow accounts? EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Think Briarfire is lookin' for one for his lady friend, the jeweler. If pipes are hundred$, jewelry must be thousand$.
Back to top Go down
briarfire

Registration date : 2009-01-15

Escrow accounts? Empty
PostSubject: Thank you everyone   Escrow accounts? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 9:11 pm

As I thought would happen, you guys stepped up to the plate with great advice. I pass on some of the web sites to my friend. Much thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down

Escrow accounts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: