HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Canoeing the James River

Go down 
AuthorMessage
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

Canoeing the James River Empty
PostSubject: Canoeing the James River   Canoeing the James River EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Some pics from our canoeing trip on the upper James River. We had a great time.

Canoeing the James River 5mK020

Canoeing the James River IKDXQL

Canoeing the James River UFZH2A

Canoeing the James River Yew7vi

We only had the cell, and only took pictures when we pulled up to the shore, as it was in the dry box when on the river. We're going again this weekend but we're doing an overnight. So I'll take the Canon and get better pics. Of course a cob will be accompanying me. Smile This is a picture of our pack-out for the trip, minus food.

Canoeing the James River WXG5Oq

Shoulda put this here.
Back to top Go down
Fumus

Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Canoeing the James River   Canoeing the James River EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 2:45 am

That looks like a wonderful trip, and I agree that a cob would be mandatory for such an outing. Never been there, but it looks like good small mouth bass water. Maybe catch your supper for overnight trip? afro
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: Canoeing the James River   Canoeing the James River EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:09 am

Fumus wrote:
That looks like a wonderful trip, and I agree that a cob would be mandatory for such an outing.  Never been there, but it looks like good small mouth bass water.  Maybe catch your supper for overnight trip? afro

They do a lot of Bass fishing in the river. But my wife won't eat fish, so there wouldn't be much point. Close to where we're putting in is a place called Roaring Run we're they fly fish also. Here's a picture from one of our backpacking trips.

Canoeing the James River 1wZhI2
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: Canoeing the James River   Canoeing the James River EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 12:28 pm

This is the updated pack-out. This is the last time for the blue pads, as I have self-inflating pads coming. The food is dehydrated so we won't be taking a large cooler. I made two new cozy's for rehydrating our food. This will all fit into a single large drybag. So the only thing we'll be carrying beyond this is two folding chairs and a small cooler.

Canoeing the James River OIbAPx

This is similar to the trip we'll be taking, our is a bit longer, 21 miles.

Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Canoeing the James River   Canoeing the James River EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Great adventure! Looks like an Old Town you have there? Your pan set looks familiar too; I think I have the very same one made by primus, the gas canister fits perfectly inside.

Wonderful pictures that brings back lots of wonderful memories....!
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: Canoeing the James River   Canoeing the James River EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 8:22 pm

Stick wrote:
Great adventure!  Looks like an Old Town you have there?  Your pan set looks familiar too; I think I have the very same one made by primus, the gas canister fits perfectly inside.  

Wonderful pictures that brings back lots of wonderful memories....!

Actually that's a Mad River. The one we took on the overnight was a Old Town Discoverer. The cook set is a Coleman Solo Max, which you can't get anymore. Well, used off of EBay maybe. My burner is a Chinese knock-off of a pocket rocket, which I actually like better as it has a piezoelectric igniter and weighs 3oz. It also costs $7 vs $35. And both the canister and burner fit inside the cookset if you leave out the second pot. As to the trip it was great. Smile
Back to top Go down

Canoeing the James River
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: