New Tent

Go down 
AuthorMessage
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

New Tent Empty
PostSubject: New Tent   New Tent EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Ordered this today for our backpacking trip. It's about 4 pounds lighter than the one we took canoeing. At $100 it's a bargain and has a the ground cloth incorporated.

Next up is a lighter backpack.

Last edited by eklektos44 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

New Tent Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tent   New Tent EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 2:59 pm

That's a fine looking tent Sir.

There was a time when I was spending at least one night a week in the mountains; a tent in the summer, snow hole in the winter, so I've come to understand what makes a good tent.

Yours looks to be a semi geodesic design and well thought out. The most important factor for me (apart from being water tight) was how stable it was in a big wind. The winds here in the mountains of Blighty can be especially nasty so a stable tent was a great comfort. Yours looks like it would cut the mustard. Good value too! Here's to some great adventures!
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

New Tent Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tent   New Tent EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Stick wrote:
That's a fine looking tent Sir.  

There was a time when I was spending at least one night a week in the mountains; a tent in the summer, snow hole in the winter, so I've come to understand what makes a good tent.

Yours looks to be a semi geodesic design and well thought out.  The most important factor for me (apart from being water tight) was how stable it was in a big wind.  The winds here in the mountains of Blighty can be especially nasty so a stable tent was a great comfort.  Yours looks like it would cut the mustard.  Good value too!  Here's to some great adventures!

We'll see how it holds up. Cool It's only four pounds total, including the stakes and ground cloth, so that's a plus. Can't get much lighter unless you go with a hammock and a tarp.
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

New Tent Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tent   New Tent EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Here's a review of the tent, by a Brit no less! Cool

Back to top Go down

New Tent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-