HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts on Tsuge pipes?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Psmith

Psmith

Registration date : 2013-04-21

Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Tsuge pipes?   Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Just wondering if any here have ever checked out Tsuge pipes, in particular the Roulette, Tankard or Blowfish (Smoking Pipes has them)?
An interesting aesthetic and definitely a departure from traditional shapes.
Lately I've been thinking they're kinda cool...especially the Roulette and Tankard.
Anyone out there own any and can weigh in on them?
If not...anyone have opinions on them?
Back to top Go down
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tsuge pipes?   Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 3:21 pm

I have two Tsuge pipes, one is listed as an apple Cherrywood sitter Tokyo grade with bamboo shank and the other is the earliest Tsuge Tankard with aluminum trim, both smoke great. The Tankard looks as good today as when I first got it and has over 3000 smokes under its belt.
banjo
Back to top Go down
http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tsuge pipes?   Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 5:58 pm

I picked up a Tsuge Blowfish when I was in Tokyo a few years back and really dig it. It's beautifully made, super light, easy to clean, unique, and the metal doesn't get hot at all. Only thing is it's tough to avoid charring the rim a little given the design, but that's only a potential issue with this particular model.

Also worth mentioning is that it's far and away the smallest pipe I own. As in, a Czech tool tamp is too wide to use in the bowl--petite! I knew exactly what I was getting since I was in a B&M and I know their other models aren't so tiny, but yeah, my only advice would be to make sure you double check the dimensions before pulling the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Psmith

Psmith

Registration date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tsuge pipes?   Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Domo arigato fellas!
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tsuge pipes?   Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Tsuge pipe are either pedestrian or sublime...or somewhere in between.

IMHO you can judge the quality by the price, though none are poor quality.

Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? D6bddf10Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? 29400910Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? 114e6110Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? Ddb39b10Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? Cf77ce10Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? Dd692012Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Tsuge pipes?   Thoughts on Tsuge pipes? EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 10:49 am

I have two Tsuges -- an attractive little Kaga bent and a handsome two-knuckle bamboo shank blast -- so neither is exactly down your alley. But in the "corporate skills" like drilling, materials, value and quality of construction, they're mighty fine. You've heard pipers say, "Why would I pay $500.00 when I can get this for $XX.00?" I'll bet a lot of Tsuge owners have said that. My bamboo Tsuge delivered a very good smoke from the start. The Kaga is unsmoked at this point.
Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Tsuge pipes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack-
Jump to: