HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street Empty
PostSubject: ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street   ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 10:50 am

I've inherited this pipe from the late Muddler who was a member here. He passed away after suffering from cancer for more than 2 years.

Does anyone have knowledge about this brand, please?
Back to top Go down
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street   ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 11:40 am

Plenty of good information here, I remember Muddler and saddened by his passing, hope you cherish the Astley.
banjo

https://pipedia.org/wiki/Astley%27s
Back to top Go down
http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street   ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 12:43 pm

Thank you ever so much, mr Banjo!

And yes, I will cherish this pipe in memory of a great man. Mike was such a good friend, always friendly and helpful. It's been a while but I still miss him a lot. I'm so happy to smoke one of his favourite pipes.
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street   ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 2:01 pm

One of those proprietary brands I feel was greatly, and sadly, damaged by the guy who bought jamesupshallpipeco many years ago. I've seen some gorgeous Astleys.
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street   ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Pete...Enjoy 'Mudds Astley!!! I was truly shocked when I learned of his passing. I spent a lot of time going back-and-forth with him and the other South African brothers here and on BIPS!! When I was working in Jo'Burg in 2008, Mudds and I tried to get together but couldn't get our schedules to mesh. Really regret that didn't happen. He was a fine man! Sad Sad FTRPLT
Back to top Go down

ASTLEY 109 Jermin Street
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack-
Jump to: