HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Be still my heart

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

Be still my heart  Empty
PostSubject: Be still my heart    Be still my heart  EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 3:09 pm

This pipe spoke to me the first time I saw it. Made by Nils Thomsen is this long oval shank Brandy interrupted with a narrow band of chocolate and white then back to a briar saddle stem that morphs into the end of the stem which is chocolate and white.
Keeping it smokey with some 5 y/o Esoterica Tilbury.
banjo

Be still my heart  36857001982_d290b9a9b6_z_d

Be still my heart  36840043986_10a0bbb7e6_z_d
Back to top Go down
http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Lonecoyote

Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

Be still my heart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be still my heart    Be still my heart  EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Banjo, I don't know what to say, other than...the shape of the bowl perfectly fits the oval shank and completed with white & medium chocolate color stem. AMAZING CRAFTSMANSHIP and a true work of Art. Just the stem to finish the way the maker decided took hours, BRAVO!!
Enjoy that pipe for many years to come bounce bounce cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

Be still my heart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be still my heart    Be still my heart  EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Another belter Mr B Sir.

I met Nils a few years back during a trip to Berlin. I spent some time chatting with him and watched him work on his latest creation. I bought some baccy (wish I'd bought a briar!) and, after learning that I was in the RAF, he gifted me a little brass tamper that was issued to German soldiers during WWII. I think I posted some pics when I returned. Anyway, lovely pipe, lovely chap.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Be still my heart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be still my heart    Be still my heart  EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 7:22 pm

Very sleek, and the lines on that are exquisite Mr. Banjo. Flawless design.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Be still my heart  Purple11x 3Be still my heart  Bombx10Be still my heart  Bombx10  Be still my heart  D6bddf10 Be still my heart  44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Be still my heart  Cowboy13Be still my heart  4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

Be still my heart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be still my heart    Be still my heart  EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 10:42 pm

An eye-catching thing about your pipe's design is that it doesn't seem to have a straight line on it.
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

Be still my heart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be still my heart    Be still my heart  EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Stick wrote:
Another belter Mr B Sir.

I met Nils a few years back during a trip to Berlin. I spent some time chatting with him and watched him work on his latest creation. I bought some baccy (wish I'd bought a briar!) and, after learning that I was in the RAF, he gifted me a little brass tamper that was issued to German soldiers during WWII. I think I posted some pics when I returned. Anyway, lovely pipe,  lovely chap.

Be still my heart  Stick_10
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Be still my heart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be still my heart    Be still my heart  EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Stick wrote:
Stick wrote:
Another belter Mr B Sir.

I met Nils a few years back during a trip to Berlin. I spent some time chatting with him and watched him work on his latest creation. I bought some baccy (wish I'd bought a briar!) and, after learning that I was in the RAF, he gifted me a little brass tamper that was issued to German soldiers during WWII. I think I posted some pics when I returned. Anyway, lovely pipe,  lovely chap.

Be still my heart  Stick_10

By 'eck squire, you look like cat wot got t' cream!

bom

Cheers,

RR

Be still my heart  Purple11x 3Be still my heart  Bombx10Be still my heart  Bombx10  Be still my heart  D6bddf10 Be still my heart  44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Be still my heart  Cowboy13Be still my heart  4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Lonecoyote

Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

Be still my heart  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be still my heart    Be still my heart  EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm

STICK
GREAT PICTURE, thanks for sharing. Wow, you were a young man, not that your old now!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down

Be still my heart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack-
Jump to: