Received a gift

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Received a gift Empty
PostSubject: Received a gift   Received a gift EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Wow. I sent a friend a couple tins of a tobacco I knew he was looking for.  No big deal; I had several in the cellar and was happy to pass some along.  A few weeks later I received a mystery gift box from said friend. Upon opening it I was surprised to see that it contained a pipe. Barely visible through the wrapping was a white dot. "Nah!" I thought. Then I looked at the stamping on the bottom. Sure enough. It's a beautiful Tanshell saddle bit billiard. Certainly a gift that far outweighs the small gesture I made.  As I said out the outset, "Wow."

Received a gift BXejXnih
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Received a gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Received a gift   Received a gift EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 7:20 pm

What a fine friend you have there. It's an outstanding gesture. Above and beyond you might say!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Received a gift Purple11x 3Received a gift Bombx10Received a gift Bombx10  Received a gift D6bddf10 Received a gift 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Received a gift Cowboy13Received a gift 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com Online
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

Received a gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Received a gift   Received a gift EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 7:22 pm

That’s an awesome gift. I’m always been blown away by the generosity of piper’s in general. One good deed deserves another.
Back to top Go down
ak2000

ak2000

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Received a gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Received a gift   Received a gift EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 8:07 pm

Damn, niiiiiice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaprimecomm.com
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Received a gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Received a gift   Received a gift EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Hiram-2011 wrote:
That’s an awesome gift.  I’m always been blown away by the generosity of piper’s in general.  One good deed deserves another.

You're right. A while back I received a very nice Peterson from a member here who no longer smokes; he read about my penchant for them and sent one along to me.  Actually two: a nice bent pot and another, obviously a Peterson "second" the name of which I can't recall.  It's in the truck and it's 32 degrees here right now so you'll have to trust me on this, but it's a nice little 1/2 bent with a p-lip which I love.  Generous indeed.

Actually I don't think I ever publically acknowledged that gift.  Here they are (the pot is shown pre-band polishing), and if you're still here, you know who you are.  Thanks...

Received a gift S6iAernm  Received a gift ZdEouwYm

Last edited by Idlefellow on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rail Man

Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

Received a gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Received a gift   Received a gift EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 11:00 pm

What a great and generous gift!
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Received a gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Received a gift   Received a gift EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 2:24 pm

Super!
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

Received a gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Received a gift   Received a gift EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 7:18 pm

What a simply stunning gift! Enjoy it in rude good health brother!

Jim
Back to top Go down
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

Received a gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Received a gift   Received a gift EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 12:39 pm

Idlefellow, regarding the photos of the Petes, I don't know whether it was intentional or not, but the way you've got them positioned, with the sun hitting the bark of the branch just so it it looks as if a tiny wisp of smoke is coming out of each of their bowls!  Extraordinary!!
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Received a gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Received a gift   Received a gift EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 9:09 am

Ha! I never notice that; good eye! Not intentional I assure you; I'm not that good!
Back to top Go down

Received a gift
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack-
Jump to: