HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A rarity for Trevor Talbert

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

A rarity for Trevor Talbert  Empty
PostSubject: A rarity for Trevor Talbert    A rarity for Trevor Talbert  EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 4:06 pm

Trevor Talbert Pipes have always intrigued me, in fact when I saw one of his pipes with a bamboo shank I jumped on it like a chicken on a June Bug. Several years later this one, a Talbert Grade, 1 knuckle Billiard Stack with Cumberland accent rings, one between the bamboo shank and the briar shank and one at the end of the bamboo, completing this is a beautifully shaped Cumberland Stem. Keeping it smokey with some of the last of this tin of Virginia no. 1 by Mac Baren.
banjo

A rarity for Trevor Talbert  29892530227_34aab405d1_z_d
Back to top Go down
http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: A rarity for Trevor Talbert    A rarity for Trevor Talbert  EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 7:37 pm

I like what they have going on over there at Talberts. They're on my list.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A rarity for Trevor Talbert    A rarity for Trevor Talbert  EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Yup. Talbert is really an under-appreciated entity and this is one such example.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

A rarity for Trevor Talbert  Purple11x 3A rarity for Trevor Talbert  Bombx10A rarity for Trevor Talbert  Bombx10  A rarity for Trevor Talbert  D6bddf10 A rarity for Trevor Talbert  44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d A rarity for Trevor Talbert  Cowboy13A rarity for Trevor Talbert  4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A rarity for Trevor Talbert    A rarity for Trevor Talbert  EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 8:56 pm

I have a boatload of JT Cooke and Becker Pipes and almost as many Dunhill, my Talbert Pipe #’s exceeds all but the Becker’s.
banjo

Brewdude wrote:
Yup. Talbert is really an under-appreciated entity and this is one such example.

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: A rarity for Trevor Talbert    A rarity for Trevor Talbert  EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 am

Particularly like the stem on this one.

A rarity for Trevor Talbert  D6bddf10A rarity for Trevor Talbert  29400910A rarity for Trevor Talbert  114e6110A rarity for Trevor Talbert  Ddb39b10A rarity for Trevor Talbert  Cf77ce10A rarity for Trevor Talbert  Dd692012A rarity for Trevor Talbert  Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Re: A rarity for Trevor Talbert    A rarity for Trevor Talbert  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 5:04 pm

I've got a half-dozen of his pipes and every one of them smokes like a dream. AND they look great as well. I can't for the life of me figure out why he doesn't charge more for some of the truly first-class pipes he crafts.
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: A rarity for Trevor Talbert    A rarity for Trevor Talbert  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 6:06 pm

I don't know. I see some pretty insane prices on his pipes. The pipes in the lower spectrum are old stummels. He's not turning them. He's doing some finishing work on them, but a lot of the work is already done.
Back to top Go down

A rarity for Trevor Talbert
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack-
Jump to: