HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Victorinox Alox Electrician

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  Empty
PostSubject: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 4:25 pm

I just ordered and received this “Electrician “ via a Amazon Prime. Handle scales are Alox (aluminum). The quality, fit, finish, heavy gauge of the steel, everything, is the best I have ever seen. The main blade is twice the gauge as the one on my new EvoGrip 18. The reamer is long, sharply pointed and very sharp.  The cap lifter is super heavy duty too.  And of course the sweet, stubby little sheepsfoot blade...lovely. This is the SAK that I’ve always dreamed of...made to work longer and harder than I’ll ever need it to...and eventually it’ll go to a great grandson.  Highest recommendation.

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  A7b21c10
The Victorinox Alox Electrician  D4768610

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  D6bddf10The Victorinox Alox Electrician  29400910The Victorinox Alox Electrician  114e6110The Victorinox Alox Electrician  Ddb39b10The Victorinox Alox Electrician  Cf77ce10The Victorinox Alox Electrician  Dd692012The Victorinox Alox Electrician  Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 6:14 pm

I like that, BH. It's got a kind of 'space' feel to it. If Armstrong and buddies were to pull a pen knife out of their pockets whilst on the moon, this would have been it.
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 7:06 pm

I believe that is the same situation as the Camillus US, all steel military issue pocket knife. Or does that have a can opener instead of a screwdriver? And not a sheepsfoot either, but just a smaller blade. I have one. I sometimes carry it, but I'm having a brain fart at the moment. Simple is good.
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Ok, so Mr BH sowed this seed over a year ago now and it’s been burning a hole in my under-crackers ever since.

I lent a classic SAK to my son last year for a Scout camp and it never came back. Poor lad was gutted and it left me without my EDC. I liked it as it wasn’t too hefty and, being a slimmer model, it fitted into a pocket well.

So, with a knife down and being that I’d be outside more now the summer’s here, I got to thinking about replacing the lost one. And then I remembered this post which was the first time I’d seen an Alox.

I went for the Pioneer; main blade, bottle opener, can opener and a reamer. I have to say I’m delighted with it. Great quality, bomb proof, and is still slim in the pocket.

Thanks Mr BH!
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 5:44 pm

You can’t go wrong with the Alox Pioneer.  Epic EDC.

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  1db8e710

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  D6bddf10The Victorinox Alox Electrician  29400910The Victorinox Alox Electrician  114e6110The Victorinox Alox Electrician  Ddb39b10The Victorinox Alox Electrician  Cf77ce10The Victorinox Alox Electrician  Dd692012The Victorinox Alox Electrician  Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 9:09 pm

That's a great looking knife. It's hard to beat a Victorinox.
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 3:02 am

Blackhorse wrote:
You can’t go wrong with the Alox Pioneer.  Epic EDC.

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  1db8e710

This is the EDC knife in my pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Stick

Stick

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 7:09 am

...it seems I'm in good company!
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 7:50 am

Wow!  Blackhorse, Stick and the good Friar!

We Are the THREE AMIGOS!

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  79940610

Back to top Go down
swhipple

swhipple

Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 9:12 am

Love Swiss Army knives. I've been thinking about adding something similar to the collection. I need another pocket knife like I need a hole in the head.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 10:48 am

The seductive “Farmer X”

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  4a78d010

Pioneer “Harvester” in green Alox

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  1f54a110

A deep pocket clip for any 91mm model - found on ETSY

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  15d08510

Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Wow!  Blackhorse, Stick and the good Friar!

We Are the THREE AMIGOS!

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  79940610

We are the... ALOX AMIGOS!
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
The seductive “Farmer X”

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  4a78d010

Pioneer “Harvester” in green Alox

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  1f54a110

A deep pocket clip for any 91mm model - found on ETSY

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  15d08510

...oh stop it, you tease!
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: The Victorinox Alox Electrician    The Victorinox Alox Electrician  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 6:38 pm

The Victorinox Alox Electrician  FXLtTaPl
Back to top Go down

The Victorinox Alox Electrician
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: