HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerfer

Registration date : 2014-07-14

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 11:11 pm

I left work today to find my car iced over and my tire pressure gauge going haywire. To top it off, I didn't have an ice scraper. What I should have done was to copy Santa.

He made it through all of snow today to drop off a jim dandy of a package! Unobtanium in the form of McClelland Red and Black, a tin of FVF that's older than most of my children, some CT-wrapped cigars (that Casa Torano tubo beckons as I type this; in my old age, I love mild cigars more and more and more), some other awesome blends and even a couple of O. Henry Gift of the Magi tins. I was just as surprised to see Santa sacrifice a tin of Temple Bar as much as I was surprised to see Quiet Nights in there--I could have sworn that Santa liked latakia as much as I like aromatics! And if I had a dollar for every time I've had HH Acadian Perique in my cart and then dumped it, I'd be a rich man. Now it's just a scrum between me and my kids for the almond-filled Hershey kisses.

Thanks Santa!

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 20191211
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 11:44 pm

GeoffC wrote:
Ho Ho Ho!  My radar was down and had no warning of pending incoming candy cane striped missile!   This really was above and beyond!

Capstan Blue
H&H AJ VaPer
Scotty's Trout Stream
The Country Squire Figgy Pudding
Super fancy tamper
2x pipe cleaners
Clay pipe! Always wanted to try one!
Nording pipe!  Holy Moly I don't deserve this!  This pipe is sweet!

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 QYTwv9v

Just curious if you’ve smoked that clay pipe yet? If so what your impressions of it? I have thought about trying one foe years but never pulled the trigger on one.
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 11:51 pm

swhipple wrote:
Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 Secret12

Apparently, I've been better than I thought.  Very Happy  Santa dropped a fantastic package on the porch today. Came with a handwritten card and a nice selection of tobaccos, as well as some tasty treats.  Thank you Santa.

Tobacco:
Ken Byron - Smooth Criminal
Ken Byron - Holiday Road
Esoterica - Dunbar
C&D - Chenet's Cake
H&H - Marble Cake

Food:
Tupelo honey
Lucky Goat Coffee
Sanders Peppermint Patties
Habanero Hot Sauce

I'm looking forward to having some of the coffee this weekend. The wife has already claimed the Peppermint patties and I think she may have already finished them off. For this evening, I'm planning on breaking into the Holiday Road it sounds delicious.

Darn you must have good too this year. Great blends and great food. Tupelo honey not supposed to crystallize if I remember correctly and a great song too from one of favorite artists
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 11:54 pm

GeoffC wrote:
Seems like Santa must of been bribed.  You all cannot be that good!

Money CAN buy you almost anything. Even love. The Beatles were wrong.
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 11:59 pm

Cerfer wrote:
I left work today to find my car iced over and my tire pressure gauge going haywire. To top it off, I didn't have an ice scraper. What I should have done was to copy Santa.

He made it through all of snow today to drop off a jim dandy of a package! Unobtanium in the form of McClelland Red and Black, a tin of FVF that's older than most of my children, some CT-wrapped cigars (that Casa Torano tubo beckons as I type this; in my old age, I love mild cigars more and more and more), some other awesome blends and even a couple of O. Henry Gift of the Magi tins. I was just as surprised to see Santa sacrifice a tin of Temple Bar as much as I was surprised to see Quiet Nights in there--I could have sworn that Santa liked latakia as much as I like aromatics! And if I had a dollar for every time I've had HH Acadian Perique in my cart and then dumped it, I'd be a rich man. Now it's just a scrum between me and my kids for the almond-filled Hershey kisses.

Thanks Santa!

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 20191211

Once again another good bob this year. You had an awesome Santa.
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 12:02 am

WOW! Some very interesting Santa choices that I would never have thought of. Don't know how you guys do it. Outstanding.

Ho Ho Ho! santa

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 5:01 pm

eggman wrote:
GeoffC wrote:
Ho Ho Ho!  My radar was down and had no warning of pending incoming candy cane striped missile!   This really was above and beyond!

Capstan Blue
H&H AJ VaPer
Scotty's Trout Stream
Super fancy tamper
2x pipe cleaners

Just curious if you’ve smoked that clay pipe yet? If so what your impressions of it? I have thought about trying one foe years but never pulled the trigger on one.

I have! Always wanted to try a clay and it is a great smoker! Flavors really pop in the clay. I would consider buying clay pipes for Virginia's. It was sooooo good. Smoked HU Aus de Krater No. 3 in it.
Back to top Go down
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 5:24 pm

After extensive holiday complications, this jolly old elf finally got his sleigh airborne...and discovered somebody snuck down my chimney on the sly! On the clock but looking forward to seeing what Saint Nick delivered later tonight. Happy holidays, all!
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 5:57 pm

GeoffC wrote:
eggman wrote:
GeoffC wrote:

Capstan Blue
H&H AJ VaPer
Scotty's Trout Stream
Super fancy tamper
2x pipe cleaners

I have!  Always wanted to try a clay and it is a great smoker!  Flavors really pop in the clay.  I would consider buying clay pipes for Virginia's.  It was sooooo good.  Smoked HU Aus de Krater No. 3 in it.

Penn Valley Pipe Shoppe usually has a good selection of clays

penn valley
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:03 pm

We I got home about 15 minutes ago and seen a package on my front porch. I took the dog out to do his thing then came in to check out the box. Low and behold I must have been a good boy and have the best Santa ever. He gifted me with a awesome surprise.

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 Image23

Honestly this tobacco does have good pouch aroma. We’ll see how it smokes in a little bit. Thanks Santa you’re the man
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks for the info on the clay pipes. I will definitely have to check one out.
Back to top Go down
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Well done santa!
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:33 pm

eggman wrote:
We I got home about 15 minutes ago and seen a package on my front porch. I took the dog out to do his thing then came in to check out the box. Low and behold I must have been a good boy and have the best Santa ever. He gifted me with a awesome surprise.

Honestly this tobacco does have good pouch aroma. We’ll see how it smokes in a little bit. Thanks Santa you’re the man

Looks like the power of suggestion is not lost on Santa.  Enjoy that CB Grape.  You should chase it down with some Manischewitz wine since you're going big...

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 Grape_10

(Let's hope that was the entire supply of CB Grape that Santa had in his bag when he left the North Pole) santa Laughing
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 8:49 pm

BriarBeagle wrote:
eggman wrote:

Looks like the power of suggestion is not lost on Santa.  Enjoy that CB Grape.  You should chase it down with some Manischewitz wine since you're going big...

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 Grape_10

(Let's hope that was the entire supply of CB Grape that Santa had in his bag when he left the North Pole) santa Laughing

Never seen or heard of that Concord grape wine. I bet it’s some sweet stuff. I’m more of a red wine guy myself.
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 6:10 pm

Whoa!!! Santa showed up and left a present on my doorstep...

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 Giant_11

I had to use a plasma cutter just to make my way into it.

Well, no new toy or shiny bicycle for this boy.  No!  In fact Santa went in to his archives of Christmas past and dug out some treasures indeed, many of which were covered in years off dust and cobwebs.  Some of these will have to be sent to the lab for carbon dating to determine their actual age.  Regardless, what a generous whopper of a gift from Santa!  I'm not certain I'm worthy, but still I'm deeply appreciative.  

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 Secret11

McClelland XMas Cheer
McClelland Dark Star
Orlik Golden Sliced
Dunhill Elizabethan
Formers Private Flake
Dan Tobacco Limerick
Sam Gawith St. James Flake
Escudo
Solani VaPer 633
Three Nuns Red & Yellow (= Six Nuns Total) Laughing
A lovely handwritten Christmas card and message...

And a partridge in a pear tree

THANK YOU SANTA!!!
Back to top Go down
Cerfer

Registration date : 2014-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 6:28 pm

Holy cow. A partridge AND a pear tree?!?

That's pretty amazing. Even more amazing is that I think that Elizabethan Mixture tin is from the actual Elizabethan era.

WTG, Santa!
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Oh my goodness briarbeagle, you sure must of been a very good boy. Those are some awesome blends.
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Woohoo! Way to go Santa's! Some fine selections.

I will try very hard to see where we are tomorrow. I have been in a daze with this cold. But improving every day! If you are still waiting for a package, take a good look around the porch.

And I know some of y'all are grading term papers. So posting pics can be a low priority.

Ho Ho Ho! santa rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer alien rendeer rendeer

Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 9:26 pm

Santa is on a ROLL!! Every hit a winner!
Back to top Go down
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 12:57 am

Santa hit me, and hit me hard. I queued up my favorite Christmas carol from Saint Tom and dug into the box with a stiff glass of Hamilton Jamaican Black Pot Rum and my Dunny loaded up with my last bowl of a favorite blend they don’t make no more.

Either I was better than I remember or Santa got me confused with another brother, cause check out this spread:

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 78e23910
Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 E810f210
Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 84f96e10

Santa brought me a lovely inscribed card, some tasty wafer cookies, a Nightmares Before Christmas ornament, a Czech tool, pipe cleaners, booku peppermints and candy canes, a brand new MM cobbit, and too many tins to fit in a stocking:

McClelland 40th anniversary!
Pease Jacknife plug
Pease Stonehenge
St Bruno Flake
Orlik Strong Dark Kentucky
Caminetto Fiamatta
Warhorse Bar
H&H Virginia Memory
C&D Speakeasy
C&D Bayou Morning (not pictured cause there was so much it fell off the table and there was so much other stuff I didn’t notice until I was putting it away!)

Thanks so much, Santa, this is all stuff I either love or seems right in my wheelhouse! Have wanted a Cobbit since they released them, and saw Nightmare Before Christmas when it came out in theatres and love it deeply, so this will make a great addition to the tree! Couldn’t have asked for a better Christmas surprise. Thanks again, to my Santa and all you lovely brothers who make the BoB such a special place. Happy Holidays, one and all!
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 11:37 am

Alright, GG! What a wonderful assortment of Christmas goodies.

Job well done, Santa! cheers
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 12:28 pm

Way to go Santa! It's obvious that many of us are better stocked than our favorite retailers.

Ho Ho Ho! santa rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer

Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Nicely done!
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Awesome job Santa. GG you must of been good this year too. Those are some great blends
Back to top Go down
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth    Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 5:30 pm

Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth   - Page 6 1f2f6410

It took a while to make this post as I had to go get help for Santa’s sprained back from delivering this bomb. I was definitely not this good this year but will use it as motivation to spread more cheer for this coming one. Thank you Santa!

Jars of
- SG FVF
- McC Dark Navy Flake
- Marlin Flake
- GH Dark Flake
- MacB Navy Flake
- Hamborger Veermaster
- Stonehaven

Tins
- Burley Slice
- St. James Flake
- Christmas Cheer