HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Empty
PostSubject: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 11:50 pm

I bought two ESEE Izula knives a few weeks ago, after much research.  2 1/2” blade...6 1/4” overall.  You can get ‘em in high carbon 1095 or stainless 440C.  A company in Idaho (Rowen) does the tempering and heat treating and has a sky high reputation for doing the deed on 440C...which is an excellent worker when properly done.  I carry the knife in my front pocket and it works very well.  

I have one knife with a full G10 handle in crimson red and one with a sort of half Micarta scale in tan that leaves the terminal ring uncovered.  Both give a very controlled and secure grip.  And the knife is built like a friggin’ tank.  I just wanted to dump the cheap plastic sheath and find one in kydex.  I ended up finding a one man outfit on ETSY that makes a sheath for $22 delivered.

I ordered a kind of red camo pattern on one and an olive drab carbon fiber texture for the other.  Should work out well.  Some example pics below.  Both knives are bright, not coated black.

Pics of actual kydex sheaths received 2/21:

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. 15b88d10

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. 4bccc110

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. D6bddf10New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. 29400910New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. 114e6110New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Ddb39b10New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Cf77ce10New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Dd692012New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 11:47 pm

OK...I changed out one of the stainless blades and snagged one in 1095 high carbon.  This one is VENOM GREEN.  LOL.  I wanted one that I was not going to lose.  This one looks hard to leave behind.

Best color rendition is at bottom.

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. 44273510

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Aeae8b10

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. 9d7c6710

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. D6bddf10New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. 29400910New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. 114e6110New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Ddb39b10New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Cf77ce10New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Dd692012New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 8:24 pm

Those are very nice looking.
Back to top Go down
BloodWood

BloodWood

Registration date : 2018-12-07

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 9:11 am

A few sharp looking cutters you got there.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 9:17 am

BloodWood wrote:
A few sharp looking cutters you got there.

A few of way too many.

Back to top Go down
Cold Smoke

Cold Smoke

Registration date : 2016-09-04

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 9:46 am

I have the same knife in the venom green and emergency orange.
Haven't managed to misplace them yet.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 10:04 am

Cold Smoke wrote:

Do you use the factory sheath? I found a guy on Etsy that does nice kydex for about $22 base price that includes shipping. I think I put pics of a couple up here.

Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 10:07 am

How does this one look to you?

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. 17154110

Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 5:43 pm

Howz this...

A few days ago I ordered one of the Damascus Izula knives from an outfit named “KnifeWorks”. There are several Damascus patterns out there right now and I wanted to be sure that the pattern I got would be the same pattern as the one shown in the photo I posted above. So I added that comment to the order.

At about noon today I got a call from “Brandy” - customer service I assume. She wanted to be sure I understood that the knife sent would not be an “exact match” but it was similar. She said she had about 3 people there “put their eyes on” the knife to get it right. OK Brandy...I’m impressed. Never had four people at any vendor eyeball my item to make sure I’d be happy before. Pretty sure they’ll hear from me again some day.

I’ll post a pic of the thing when it shows up so you guys can judge how well they did.

Back to top Go down
Cold Smoke

Cold Smoke

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 10:28 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Cold Smoke wrote:

Do you use the factory sheath?  I found a guy on Etsy that does nice kydex for about $22 base price that includes shipping.  I think I put pics of a couple up here.

Yep.
I like the factory sheath and found it hard wearing and well engineered with a good snug fit.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 11:23 pm

Yup. I don’t think there’s any sheath out there that’s more secure. Just about perfect for use as a necker.

Back to top Go down
Cold Smoke

Cold Smoke

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 9:51 am

I give up trying to post an image of my Izulas.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 10:15 am

Cold Smoke wrote:
I give up trying to post an image of my Izulas.

Follow the protocol at the link below. It works. If it doesn’t I can send you my personal email address. Send me the photos and I can try and do it from that. It works about half the time. But if you can save them to a photo file on your computer, the method below is viable.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t37624-posting-a-photo-from-your-computer

Back to top Go down
Cold Smoke

Cold Smoke

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 4:00 pm

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. Img_1610

My orange Izula II is in my air search and rescue bail out bag offsite. Great knives for the price. Funky colors.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.   New ESEE Izula and custom sheath. EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Nice wrap.

Back to top Go down

New ESEE Izula and custom sheath.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: