Unusual Peterson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Unusual Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Unusual Peterson   Unusual Peterson EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 11:15 am

I've had this estate Peterson billiard for quite a few years. It has a screw-mount tenon.  I've never seen another Peterson with one, so whataya think: factory, nicely done repair, or....?

Unusual Peterson N1QO1DXl
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

Unusual Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual Peterson   Unusual Peterson EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 12:57 am

Never seen a Pete with a screw mount like that either, but then almost all my Pete’s are army mounts.

Tim
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

Unusual Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual Peterson   Unusual Peterson EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:36 am

Never saw a screw on Peterson before. It does look kind of interesting though. Does the stem line up properly when screwed on? I would worry that the threads didn't line up properly.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Unusual Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual Peterson   Unusual Peterson EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:56 am

I’ve seen a number of non-Pete screw-on stems that allowed adjustment of the amount of “turn” so a proper fitment could always be obtained. Hopefully this one is exactly on or has some adjustment feature.

BTW: Darn nice cross grain. Peterson does some of the finest cross grain bowls of anyone.

Unusual Peterson D6bddf10Unusual Peterson 29400910Unusual Peterson 114e6110Unusual Peterson Ddb39b10Unusual Peterson Cf77ce10Unusual Peterson Dd692012Unusual Peterson Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Unusual Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual Peterson   Unusual Peterson EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 11:02 am

The tenon is not fixed in the stem so no problems with line up. I have a couple old Jobeys that were made with this type of tenon, but on those the threaded end was in the stem. You could buy the just the tenon links separately if you had a snapped tenon. I always thought it was pretty neat idea.
Back to top Go down

Unusual Peterson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack-
Jump to: