BoB's online presence

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LL

LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

BoB's online presence - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 11:55 pm

https://www.briarreport.com/

Yes on the GKCPC. For ten years or so. Cigar & Tabac is still hosting meetings.

Been on this board off and on since day 1. Was part of the startup crew, in fact. Not many originals like us left, though.
Back to top Go down
IHT

IHT

Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2020 12:01 am

Cool.  Then we've probably met.
Been a few yrs since i was down there.

Thx for the link.
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 12:55 pm

I used to go there every week, but that was almost 20 years ago when I was more into cigars. I had to go to KC area each week for work, C&T and Outlaw were a must stop!
Back to top Go down
Vito

Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 12:06 pm

LL wrote:
...Been on this board off and on since day 1.  Was part of the startup crew, in fact.  Not many originals like us left, though.  

You know as well as anyone, LL, that attrition has always been with us. But in general those of us who haven't stepped off this mortal coil still check in from time to time.

When Jason started BoB I sent PMs and emails to all the KCC BB brethren I could find who had bailed out when that forum went downhill, and I invited them to come hither.

And so, the spirit of the Knoxville board carried over into BoB. But the novelty of a new board attracted a lot of others, not all of whom shared the same fraternal spirit. For a while, it got pretty wild, pretty fast; there were no moderators, no rules of engagement, and it drove some of us away. But eventually it settled down.

Alas, ain't none of us "spring chickens", and so many have taken The Big Sleep — unique individuals who can never be replaced. Life is change, and I guess death is too.

So, while we can reminisce and fondly remember what once was, it will never be the same again. Best we can do is make a different kind of good thing with what we've got.

BoB's online presence - Page 2 Newjok10
Back to top Go down
http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
PoseidonsKiss

Registration date : 2020-07-12

PostSubject: Cautious ambition   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 8:26 pm

I started out on Reddit when it was still new in 2007. The site hit its prime as a forum sitein my opinion around 2010-2015. And since then has gotten tok big. Too well known. And is now a slightly better facebook.

Wanting more members is a good ambition. But at a certain point you need more servers. More admins and mods. Which will eventually require monetary compensation.

BoB being a niche audience may never reach that capacity but it is ever important to determine and agree on the goals and limits of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 8:59 pm

PoseidonsKiss wrote:
I started out on Reddit when it was still new in 2007. The site hit its prime as a forum sitein my opinion around 2010-2015. And since then has gotten tok big. Too well known. And is now a  slightly better facebook.

Wanting more members is a good ambition. But at a certain point you need more servers. More admins and mods. Which will eventually require monetary compensation.

BoB being a niche audience may never reach that capacity but it is ever important to determine and agree on the goals and limits of the forum.

I think we’re doing OK here...but yeah, Mods need to get paid! WoooHoooo!

BoB's online presence - Page 2 D6bddf10BoB's online presence - Page 2 29400910BoB's online presence - Page 2 114e6110BoB's online presence - Page 2 Ddb39b10BoB's online presence - Page 2 Cf77ce10BoB's online presence - Page 2 Dd692012BoB's online presence - Page 2 Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 9:03 am

Did I hear someone mention "Pay"! Very Happy

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 10:11 am

Yeah! Poseidonskiss recommended it! How much are we talkin’ about here? Hundreds? Thousands?

BoB's online presence - Page 2 D6bddf10BoB's online presence - Page 2 29400910BoB's online presence - Page 2 114e6110BoB's online presence - Page 2 Ddb39b10BoB's online presence - Page 2 Cf77ce10BoB's online presence - Page 2 Dd692012BoB's online presence - Page 2 Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 1:36 am

I thought you did it for the same, not the fortune! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 1:43 am

I do it for the chocolate chip cookies.

Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 1:45 am

Blackhorse wrote:
I do it for the chocolate chip cookies.

Those are best! cheers
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 1:31 pm

Did someone say COOOOOKIES? cheers
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: BoB's online presence   BoB's online presence - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Back to top Go down

BoB's online presence
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2