HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some new knives...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Some new knives... Empty
PostSubject: Some new knives...   Some new knives... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 12:19 pm

My brother-in-law makes knives.  He got this pair of antlers and they were so perfectly matched he decided a matched pair of knives would be just the ticket.  He made the leather-covered plaque as well; I added the brass plate.  He told me he was making them and sent me some pics and I told him to give me a price when they were finished, which he did, but it was around Christmastime and I had so much going on I forgot about them for a couple days.  When I called him to say I wanted them he said, "Oh man; I sold them yesterday!"  I was pretty bummed out and mad at myself for waiting.  Well, long story short it turned out to be my wife who bought them for me as a gift.  Gotta love a woman like that!

Some new knives... Cm1kIfnl  Some new knives... AM4WKC5l

He likes to make display stands for his knives; somehow this short chubby shape appealed to me...

Some new knives... OnW8rltl  Some new knives... G9OIpYYl

Last edited by Idlefellow on Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Some new knives... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new knives...   Some new knives... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 2:14 pm

Very nice work there. Indeed, a lucky guy you are.

What steel did he use on the duo?

Some new knives... D6bddf10Some new knives... 29400910Some new knives... 114e6110Some new knives... Ddb39b10Some new knives... Cf77ce10Some new knives... Dd692012Some new knives... Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Some new knives... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new knives...   Some new knives... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 3:58 pm

I really don't know but I don't think they're particularly good steel; he bought the blades. I bought them mostly to display and just liked the looks. He's my wife's youngest brother and an old hunting buddy but is disabled now. He's very creative and makes a lot of different stuff - jewelry, cool wooden boxes, lamps and bowls out of old lariat ropes, etc. We like his stuff but we also try to help him out now and then.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Some new knives... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new knives...   Some new knives... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 4:03 pm

Idlefellow..if you send me your mailing address via PM I’ll send some good materials your way. I’ve got blades I never used, wood, antler, micarta, brass sheet stock...etc., etc., etc.

I’d be pleased to share.

Some new knives... D6bddf10Some new knives... 29400910Some new knives... 114e6110Some new knives... Ddb39b10Some new knives... Cf77ce10Some new knives... Dd692012Some new knives... Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Some new knives... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new knives...   Some new knives... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Wow; that is very kind. PM sent.
Back to top Go down

Some new knives...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: