HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Empty
PostSubject: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyMon May 25, 2020 5:59 pm

Well, now I’m nervous. My 25 y.o. daughter, who lives here with us, has come down with a mild sore throat and cough (first seen today).

It is my fervent hope that it’s nothing to worry about (but we will) and will fade away without complications.

If, on the other hand, it blooms into a case of C-19, then it could spell trouble. Obviously for her but even more so for us old folks.

I’ll keep news posted here.

Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. D6bddf10Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. 29400910Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. 114e6110Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Ddb39b10Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Cf77ce10Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Dd692012Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyMon May 25, 2020 6:13 pm

I hope it's nothing serious. But Sometimes a sour throat is just that a sour throat. Have her smoke a bowl of SG black rope/twist ( I think that's the name if it). The nic hit on that stuff will kill anything.

Just messing but seriously stay safe and well.

Last edited by eggman on Mon May 25, 2020 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Autocorrect is killing me)
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyMon May 25, 2020 6:24 pm

Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. 1c511110

Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. D6bddf10Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. 29400910Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. 114e6110Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Ddb39b10Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Cf77ce10Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Dd692012Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
Cadfael

Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyMon May 25, 2020 9:09 pm

Praying for her and you!
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyMon May 25, 2020 10:20 pm

My thanks Brother Caedfael.

Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyMon May 25, 2020 11:39 pm

Sending good vibes BH. Hoping she'll be okay soon.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyMon May 25, 2020 11:44 pm

MisterE wrote:
Sending good vibes BH. Hoping she'll be okay soon.

I’m getting those vibes!  Thanks!

Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. 016a7d10

Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 5:50 am

Oh no, hope everything works out OK. Hope it simply just a sore throat and nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 10:46 am

Everyone here is starting up the A/C. That often brings on cold-like symptoms. Did you start the A/C?

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 11:06 am

Carlos wrote:
Everyone here is starting up the A/C.  That often brings on cold-like symptoms.   Did you start the A/C?

Our system is set to keep the house between a max high and max low.  That requires the furnace to kick on very early in the morning to bring it up to 67F.  It also means that the AC turns on in the late afternoon to keep things down to 71F.  We set it to that range about a month ago after its Spring tune up.  So the AC has been “on” for some time.

Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 1:14 pm

Hey Mr BH,

Sorry to hear that and I understand it must be a worry. Fingers crossed it won’t be the dreaded c-19. Any other symptoms yet?
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Yeah...she’s sleeping til noon. Oh wait. She does that anyway.

Back to top Go down
kxg

kxg

Registration date : 2020-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 3:32 pm

Good thoughts for your daughter. I find good single malt helps with a sore throat; or at least makes it more tolerable.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:58 pm

OK boys. She gets up this “morning” and announces she’s “fine”. No more sore throat or anything. Is seemingly annoyed with us for asking.

5)

We’ll keep an eye on her just in case. That’ll piss her off.

Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 6:28 pm

I had a feeling she was gonna come out of this fine. Let's hope it stays that way.

Cheers,

RR

Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Purple11x 3Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Bombx10Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Bombx10  Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. D6bddf10 Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. Cowboy13Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 6:41 pm

Yeah, hope so. We’ll keep a close watch though.

Back to top Go down
loneredtree

loneredtree

Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 6:51 pm

BH

It is allergy season. Lots of mold and pollen down in Sack a tomatoes. My throat is scratchy too.
Hope that is all there is to it.

LRT
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyTue May 26, 2020 7:22 pm

That could well be it as we all have seasonal allergies and it’s prime time right now. That likelihood is always pretty up front on our “possibility checklist”.

Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyWed May 27, 2020 11:27 am

Mighty happy to hear the good news!! Yep, keep a close eye on her. Daddy's are prone to do that Smile cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyWed May 27, 2020 1:27 pm

Good news. I never got Hay Fever until a couple years ago. It's been brutal this year. The only thing I really hate about getting older. Maybe throw some local honey into her diet? They say it can help. I should do it too.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyWed May 27, 2020 1:34 pm

We (especially me as I’ve had terrible pollen allergies since I was 15 or so) all take the new 24 hr. Antihistamines. I’m very regular in taking it...every morning before I eat...then wait for 30 minutes before food. Gives it time to be absorbed. The daughter person is too generally clueless to be consistent so we get a few big pollen days and it hits when she’s been lax...and Ka-boom. Not rocket science.

Local honey?

Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyWed May 27, 2020 2:30 pm

They say eating local honey, because then the bees are dealing with the same pollen we do, helps with allergies. It also has to be processed correctly, or all those medicinal benefits get zonked out of it. Can't be heated over a certain temp when filtering, etc. If you can stand to eat unfiltered, clover honey, it's the best. A little bee parts never hurt anyone, right? I'm no authority. Google it.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:33 pm

How does “bees...dealing with the same pollen we do, helps with allergies”?

Maybe I’m slow but there’s nothing in that that makes sense to me.  Are there any medical studies that have looked at it and concluded there’s a benefit?  I’m not arguing, I’m just curious.

Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptySun May 31, 2020 2:48 pm

Not sure how it would help other than increase your exposure to the pollen. Similar to getting the allergy shots. Eventually you'll build up a tolerance to it. Hopefully it was just allergies and you guys will be fine. On a related note Katie has been tested twice for C-19 and it's come back negative both times. She however does seem to have the flu. Good vibes headed your way though.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.   Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat. EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:29 pm

I would think that if one were to be allergic to the pollen then any exposure would not be positive. I took desensitization shots for YEARS til I went into the service.

But maybe in the case of being allergic to animal danders...the old phrase “hair of the dog” comes to mind.

Hope Katie kicks that flu far, far away. Good to hear from you.

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: