HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite drinks with pipe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brunello

Brunello

Registration date : 2020-01-01

Favorite drinks with pipe Empty
PostSubject: Favorite drinks with pipe   Favorite drinks with pipe EmptySat May 30, 2020 9:07 am

Am I the only one who finds any kind of carbonated drink irritating to the palate while smoking? I also don't care for anything too acidic, like lemonade, while smoking. Except for coffee in the morning, I usually prefer just good clean water, or occasionally something palate-coating like Arizona Green Tea (which has honey in it). Alcohol is also generally an irritant while smoking, though a smooth, malty, low-carbonation brown ale works well with Burley. Water is just to keep my gob from drying out.

My favorite actual 'pairing' are coffee and pipe while sitting on the porch in the morning, and occasionally a good vintage Fuller's Ale with pipe in the evening (like Beerbeard, my favorite music and pipe guy on YouTube!)

Mostly just curious about others reactions to carbonated beverages.
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drinks with pipe   Favorite drinks with pipe EmptySat May 30, 2020 10:40 am

I agree with your take on carbonated beverages. I enjoy coffee or ice tea with my pipes normally.
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drinks with pipe   Favorite drinks with pipe EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 8:15 pm

Carbonated beverages are out for me too. Only coffee or water with a bowlful, and sometimes bourbon!
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drinks with pipe   Favorite drinks with pipe EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 8:32 am

Sorry guys...Diet Coke is my go to.

Might do a search on this topic as I remember seeing it in the past a couple of times.

Favorite drinks with pipe D6bddf10Favorite drinks with pipe 29400910Favorite drinks with pipe 114e6110Favorite drinks with pipe Ddb39b10Favorite drinks with pipe Cf77ce10Favorite drinks with pipe Dd692012Favorite drinks with pipe Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
kxg

kxg

Registration date : 2020-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drinks with pipe   Favorite drinks with pipe EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 8:17 pm

Either coffee with heavy cream or Laphroiag 10 with water on the side. Obviously a morning/evening contrast.
Back to top Go down
thedeep

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drinks with pipe   Favorite drinks with pipe EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 6:35 pm

My standard, all day any day, is coffee. In the evening I will have a whiskey occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Hal Ling

Hal Ling

Registration date : 2019-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drinks with pipe   Favorite drinks with pipe EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 9:33 pm

I have tried coffee time and time again, and since I like my coffee really hot, it doesn’t offer relief or a balanced contrast to the experience of pipe smoking for me. I can handle carbonated water (tonic, soda water) but generally not pop/soda. I do enjoy a nice rye or scotch with a drop or two of water to open up and soften those flavours when I am smoking an English or Balkan. And I personally think homemade sweet iced tea pairs well with VAs, VaPers, and Burley.
Back to top Go down

Favorite drinks with pipe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: What Are You Smoking Right Now?-
Jump to: