HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When it is hot outside...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

When it is hot outside... Empty
PostSubject: When it is hot outside...   When it is hot outside... EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 8:52 pm

...what kind of pipe do you smoke while outside?
It  is usually a cob for me.  I am afraid of ruining my briars.  what about you?
Back to top Go down
Brunello

Brunello

Registration date : 2020-01-01

PostSubject: Re: When it is hot outside...   When it is hot outside... EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:30 pm

I wouldn't worry about briars being in the heat, but I have read stories about cracks in briar when temps drop below freezing because of the difference in temp between the inside and outside of the bowl. But there no question that cobs are probably the most indestructible of all the materials in either cold or heat. That's my experience, maybe other have different opinion.
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: When it is hot outside...   When it is hot outside... EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:36 pm

I have been smoking more cobs recently, but she is it because of the heat or not.
Back to top Go down
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: When it is hot outside...   When it is hot outside... EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 11:44 pm

I have the occasional bowl in the cob but cigars are still my go to in the summer.
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: When it is hot outside...   When it is hot outside... EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 1:45 pm

Briars, cobs, Meers, clays, and exotic woods all work for me when the temps are temperate!! When I'm working in the ol' yard/garden, cobs and my plethora of "yard" pipes are my go-tos!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: When it is hot outside...   When it is hot outside... EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 2:52 pm

I'm not physical scientist, but I would guess high heat would be easier on the briar than below freezing. The +/- would be a lot less.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: When it is hot outside...   When it is hot outside... EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 11:39 pm

Cobs and falcons, falcons and cobs.
Back to top Go down
daveinlax

daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: When it is hot outside...   When it is hot outside... EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 12:26 pm

Warm or Cool, When I smoke outside it's always a cigar. Shocked
Back to top Go down

When it is hot outside...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: