What Are You Reading?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
gospelman

gospelman

Registration date : 2007-12-20

What Are You Reading? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:52 am

William Manchester's "One Brief Shining Moment."

Mike
Back to top Go down
Winslow

Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:07 pm

Nemisis by Max Hastings,1944-1945 final year of war with Japan.Great read,
specially for me as father served in Pacific with Halsey.

Winslow
Back to top Go down
Tony Ferrill
The Enlightened One
Tony Ferrill

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptySat May 03, 2008 8:09 pm

"The Root of QiGong"a textbook on growing more integrated and vital through cultivation of Qi(chi).
Respectfully,Tony
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoohman

CaptainYoohman

Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:50 am

lewtang wrote:
I'm almost half way through Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. For me it seems like this book is fascinating for a bit then turns incredibly boring for a bit. .

Totally agree! She could have said what she wanted to say in 400 pages less...

I am now reading The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan, who sings a lot of praise to Ayn Rand calling her one of the people who influenced him the most...
Back to top Go down
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father
jhuggett

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Daemon by Leinad Zeraus (Check his name backwards)

I'm only a quarter into this book at it is awesome. It does get somewhat technical but if you understand it at all it's quite thought provoking. I haven't read anything yet that couldn't be done if someone was inclined. It puts techno thrillers like Swordfish to shame with it's realism and yet still remains quite fantastic.

http://thedaemon.com/

puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:00 am

'John Adams'. David McCullough.

A supposed history of Mr Adams from the Revolution to ??the end of his Presidency? Death? I have just started on it, I don't know at what point it ends.
Back to top Go down
ZuluCollector

ZuluCollector

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:33 am

Queen Victoria's Little Wars by Byron Farwell.

An intel professional friend of mine gave me this book to read. It provides fascinating insight into the psychology of "empire" and into the Victorian British mindset, as well. There are some hilarious characters and tragic fools who have somehow gained command of armies and peoples. Thank God we're beyond that today.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.apassionforpipes.com
CPT/VSG

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 5:47 pm

The Power of Delight, a collection of literary essays by John Bayley. Fine collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.treneff.com
r5cackus

r5cackus

Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Stone of Tears

The second book of Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" series. I just bought the first book 2 weeks ago, only 10 left. =]

If any of you are into fantasy series', absolutely fantastic.
Back to top Go down
CPT/VSG

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 1:07 pm

American Transcendentalism by Philip F. Gura. On a lighter note, James Lee Burke's new novel Swan Peak is next up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.treneff.com
BubbaL002

BubbaL002

Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:28 pm

American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Very good read! Will start on Solomon's Key after that. Does anyone know if Solomon's Key is a Dan Brown under a pen name.
Back to top Go down
hazmat

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 8:30 am

BubbaL002 wrote:
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Very good read! Will start on Solomon's Key after that. Does anyone know if Solomon's Key is a Dan Brown under a pen name.

Not Dan Brown.

You're getting into American Gods? I started to read it a while back, got about 3/4 through it and kind of petered out on it. I may have to try it again and see if I can get through it. If you liked that, try Underword...I believe that's the name of it...another by Neil Gaiman. Good book. I finished that one twice Smile
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 8:52 am

hazmat wrote:
If you liked that, try Underword...
Do you perhaps mean InterWorld?

Good Omens (cowritten with Terry Pratchett) is also great. Anasazi Boys comes recommended, but I haven't read it myself.
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
adauria

adauria

Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 10:12 am

I'm reading the Ted Dekker's Circle Trilogy (Black, Red and White are the books). Good stuff. More modern than my usual reading, but there's a lot going on to keep it interesting. There are elements of Christian allegory, fantasy, and modern suspense novel. It's a change of pace for me.

Also started reading O'Reilly Books "Security Warrior." I got it free at my office, as one of the authors used to work for my company. Pretty interesting if you are into hard core IT security.

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
Dock
BoB's Team
Dock

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 2:02 pm

An AWESOME book called "Smoking In Popular British Culture" by Matthew Hilton. I strongly recommend this book for folks with an intrest in tobacco literature from the turn of the century.....

http://books.google.com/books?id=UjM8t6Ul73YC&dq=smoking+in+polular+british+culture&pg=PP1&ots=iQGXWRVrT3&sig=2CFJcZUlsd0A2HYYWmlnxaoc8q4&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result

Best,
D.J.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
hazmat

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 am

Doc Manhattan wrote:
hazmat wrote:
If you liked that, try Underword...
Do you perhaps mean InterWorld?

Good Omens (cowritten with Terry Pratchett) is also great.
Anasazi Boys comes recommended, but I haven't read it myself.

Nope...not Interworld. My bad. It's Neverwhere: A Novel by Neil Gaiman

http://www.amazon.com/Neverwhere-A-Novel/dp/0060557818/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218547885&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
Dock
BoB's Team
Dock

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 5:22 pm

"Antique Pipes" by Calos Armero

http://books.google.com/books?id=yGmVAQAACAAJ&dq=antique+pipes+carlos+armero&ei=Xgu7SKSgA4LgywT1xfyIBg

It's an EXCELLENT read and HIGHLY recommended to those folks with an intrest in pipe history........

Best,
D.J.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:30 pm

Empire Falls, by Russo. Won the pulitzer prize a few years back. Falls into a local history category
being set in Maine and concerning small town life and times. I'm lovin' it.
AC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:38 am

A Concise History of Germany
By Mary Fulbrook
I'm always interested in reading about my Welsh & German ancestory.
Back to top Go down
BubbaL002

BubbaL002

Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 am

Just started Jimmy Buffet's "A Pirates Look at Fifty" So far so good.
Back to top Go down
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 9:20 pm

I just finished three books:

The dark Tower 2: the drawing of the three by Stephen King

The alphabet of Manliness by Maddox

Lullaby by Chuck Palahuniuk

I am now half way through my 50th anniversary edition of The Lord of the Rings...for the 4th time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 10:23 am

Started The Inner Jefferson, Portrait of a Grieving Optimist By Andrew Burstein.
Back to top Go down
Hiram

Hiram

Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Just finished "At the Mercy of the Mountains: True stories of Survival and Tragedy in the Adirondaks"

Just Started "The Camel Club" By: David Baldacci
Back to top Go down
lonebeagle

lonebeagle

Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:57 pm

Just started "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. I have read it once before, but certain books and authors I will revisit if it really grabs me and I enjoy it. I have several I read over time to time as the mood strikes me.
Back to top Go down
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law
Centurian 803

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 10:20 pm

Currently reading The Day of Battle by Rick Atkinson and The Annotated Sherlock Holmes, Just finished The Pipe Book by A Dunhill. Waiting in the wings is Brisinger by Christopher Paolini. After that my annual reading of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading?
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Book Shelf-
Jump to: