What Are You Reading?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
lonebeagle

lonebeagle

Registration date : 2008-10-21

What Are You Reading? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 11:09 pm

Just finished the last 10 pages or so of Darkfall (Dean Koontz). Next up is Koontz "The Taking" which I will probably start on this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Hiram

Hiram

Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 5:19 pm

Just finished "Nathan's Run" by: John Gilstrap
Starting "A question of proof" by: Joseph Amiel
Back to top Go down
Dillon

Dillon

Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 12:07 am

I'm going to have to read some of Augustine's Confessions this coming week for class. I started on S.S. Montefiore's biography if Stalin last week but it's just been sitting on the shelf because I've had plenty of work to do in school. I'm not interested in reading it now really--I think I'll start back on Bulgakov's Master and Margarita sometime soon. If I don't before Finals season, I won't until the semester is done.
Back to top Go down
Aaron

Aaron

Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Dillon wrote:
I'm going to have to read some of Augustine's Confessions this coming week for class. I started on S.S. Montefiore's biography if Stalin last week but it's just been sitting on the shelf because I've had plenty of work to do in school. I'm not interested in reading it now really--I think I'll start back on Bulgakov's Master and Margarita sometime soon. If I don't before Finals season, I won't until the semester is done.

Master and Margarita is a great book! Have you ever read it before?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaronjoliver.tumblr.com
Dillon

Dillon

Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 1:44 am

Aaron wrote:

Master and Margarita is a great book! Have you ever read it before?

I read the first two chapters this summer when I bought it, put I put it down then for some stupid reason. I need to get back into the Russian writers before I lose my whole sense of being. Wink
Back to top Go down
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:47 pm

Just dipped a toe into the Wastelands by Stephen King,

you go Roland and find that dark tower!!!
Back to top Go down
Hiram

Hiram

Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Carl Hiaasen's "Double Whammy"
I'm working my way through all his Books. Great Florida author.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 11:02 pm

William Gibson's Spook Country...
Back to top Go down
Buster

Buster

Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Guillotine: Its Legends and Lore by Daniel Gerould
Back to top Go down
http://www.menkerios.com
hazmat

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:11 pm

SmokeyTweed wrote:

If you make it to the book past Wizard and Glass in this series, do me a favor and let me know. I think it's called Wolves of Caala or something like that. I stopped following it after Wizard and Glass. Just seemed to be going off on tangents that I couldn't follow. But as I've started the series, I think I'd like to finish it. Just don't want to have to beg for the hours of my life back! Smile
Back to top Go down
hazmat

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:12 pm

Currently reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Excellent book. Desolate and frightening and tender all at the same time. I guess a movie's coming out based on it sometime next year.
Back to top Go down
Rompin Donkey

Rompin Donkey

Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:13 pm

For the "I don't know how many times" - Sons and Lovers, D. H. Lawrence.

I just love this book. Imagine my surprise 34 years ago, when it turned up on the syllabus for my "A" Level English exam. For me, Lawrence is the master novelist.

Alan What Are You Reading? - Page 4 98591
Back to top Go down
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 6:31 pm

hazmat wrote:
SmokeyTweed wrote:

If you make it to the book past Wizard and Glass in this series, do me a favor and let me know. I think it's called Wolves of Caala or something like that. I stopped following it after Wizard and Glass. Just seemed to be going off on tangents that I couldn't follow. But as I've started the series, I think I'd like to finish it. Just don't want to have to beg for the hours of my life back! Smile

Will do Hazmat, will do.

I will finish the series and i've already been forwarned that the wolves of Calla is dull but the sixth book "Songs of Susannah" might possibly be the most boring book of all time, though i hear that the Dark Tower makes up for it in a big way.
Back to top Go down
hazmat

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:52 am

I have up to Wizard and Glass, missing Wolves of Caala and have Song of Susannah. Every time I run across Wolves, I can never muster up the strength to purchase it and end up getting something else, instead. Going to have to check into it, I guess.
Back to top Go down
CPT/VSG

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:05 am

Jim Harrison's The English Major.
Back to top Go down
http://www.treneff.com
PipeRanter

PipeRanter

Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 6:57 am

Varible star by Robert A Heinlein, Spider Robinson.
Just got done reading

Neuromance by .. i forgot.
Theif of Time by Tery Pratchet
Brisinger by Chistoper Paolini
Neverwhere by Neil Giamen

all of these in the past month.. had a few books on the reading list to plow through.
Back to top Go down
CPT/VSG

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 12:13 pm

Doris Goodwin's Team of Rivals--fine book.
Back to top Go down
Dock
BoB's Team
Dock

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:35 pm

My Winter 2008 copy of Pipes & Tobaccos Magazine! There's a truly excellent artice by Fred Hanna and Tad Gage about vintage tobacco!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
PipeBrew

PipeBrew

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:07 am

A few weeks ago, I read The Road by Cormac McCarthy in about a week and then read Monster by Frank Peretti in about two weeks. Currently, I'm working my way through East of Eden by John Steinbeck.

The Road was a beautifully written book. I can't think of a book I've read that's better.

Monster was entertaining and easy to read. Overall, a decent book that's just a fun read.

East of Eden is at times drudging with info dumps and stiffened with awkward dialogue, but at times it takes on the tone of a masterpiece. So far, it's fair at best. I wouldn't recommend it, but I'm only half way through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/saharanyeti
the macdonald

the macdonald

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:25 am

I just finally picked up The Company by Robert Littel. The first 50 pages were engrossing, drunk CIA agent in Berlin, moles, paranoia and a quick "rendering" with a silenced gun pulled off a dead Italian solider years before. Shakespeare eat you heart out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:31 am

The Agricola and The Germania- by Tacitus
Back to top Go down
CPT/VSG

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 6:05 pm

Finished Goodwin's Team of Rivals--although rather long (757 pages), it is a wonderful examination of Lincoln, his cabinet and the political considerations of that period.

Also, read in a single sitting Rick Newcombe's In Search of Pipe Dreams. Easy to read--it filled in some gaps in my knowledge. Always something to learn about pipes.

Currently reading Obama's Dreams of My Father.
Back to top Go down
Irene Adler
That Woman
Irene Adler

Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 6:25 pm

Seeing how I work at a used book store, the books I read are generally decided upon by what we have in stock...

Currently, I am reading Sackett's Land, by Louis LaMour and The Minority Report and Other Classic Stories by Philip K. Dick.

I'm also reading the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer (Riddicule away if you must...but a woman is entitled to her guilty pleasures even if those pleasures are poorly written).

study

Last edited by Irene Adler on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/amyjomusic
CPT/VSG

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 10:26 am

Just started The Widows of Eastwick, John Updike's sequel to The Witches of Eastwick. I've always been a reader of Updike--one of our finest novelists ever.
Back to top Go down
jeepernick
Mud Flaps
jeepernick

Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading?   What Are You Reading? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 11:48 am

Irene Adler wrote:
Currently, I am reading Sackett's Land, by Louis LaMour

Irene,

If you get a chance the rest of the Sacketts series is quite good. The wife bought the series about 10 yeas ago and I have read it several times through.

I am currently reading the "Winning of America" series by Allan W. Eckert. Great historical novels. I had bought the first installment last year and received the rest of the series for Christmas.
Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading?
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Book Shelf-
Jump to: