HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some of my books.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karok01

Karok01

Registration date : 2010-01-23

Some of my books. Empty
PostSubject: Some of my books.   Some of my books. EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 5:58 am

Thought I would post a few pics of some of the books I like to collect. I'm a big fan of Mack Bolan, who is actually the inspiration for "The Punisher". There have been like 800 novels written by dozens of authors with him as the protagonist. This is what you would read if you need a fix of Gratuitous Violence. Also I rather like that the bad guys are always bad enough that the inventive ways they are dispatched seem perfectly reasonable.
I also collect vintage sci-fi pulp novels. Here are a few pics, I may post more in the next couple days, after I take some decent pix, I'm just learning my camera! HEHE. Laughing

Some of my books. DSC00145
Some of my books. DSC00140
Some of my books. DSC00141

Some of my books. DSC00146
Back to top Go down
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law
Centurian 803

Registration date : 2008-09-10

Some of my books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my books.   Some of my books. EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 9:04 am

Nice. I too am a fan of Edgar Rice Burroughs Martian and Venus novels. study
Back to top Go down
Al in Canada

Al in Canada

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Some of my books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my books.   Some of my books. EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:39 am

If you enjoy the early space opera stuff (John Carter of Mars and The Lensmen series) you might like to look at the Heinlein books that start with Methuselah's Children. In the final book where in the "heroes" of the multiverses come together to defeat the BGIBs (Bad Guys in Black) he pays homage to all of the old greats, and his newer ones too.
Back to top Go down
Karok01

Karok01

Registration date : 2010-01-23

Some of my books. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my books.   Some of my books. EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 5:17 am

Thanks for the tip Al, I'll certainly check em' out! Cool
Back to top Go down

Some of my books.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Book Shelf-
Jump to: