11th Annual TAPS Pipe Show, 6th Pipe & Cigar Expo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
For you fellows that were asking about the Triangle Area Pipe Smokers Annual Pipe Show, everything has been finalized. The issue with being able to smoke at the state fairgrounds and in a state run facility have been worked out.

This is the 11th year of the show and the 6th year billed as a Pipe & Cigar Expo.

Date: April 19th (Saturday)
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Place: North Carolina State Fairgrounds, Holshouser Building (Village of Yesteryear). Raleigh, NC at the corner of Hillsborough St. and Blue Ridge Rd.

There will be: Pipes, Pipe Racks, Smoker's Accessories, Collectibles, Tobaccos, Cigars, Pipe Carvers and other Artisans, Hourly Raffles, Food Concessions, Door Prizes for Pipe and Cigar Smokers along with much much more. There will be a silent auction for several pipes, six have already been secured with one being the P&T Magazine Pipe of the Year. This year will also feature the 2008 Professional Pipe Carvers Contest.

Exhibitor Tables will be $80 each.

The TAPS show is one of the best shows in the South!

For more information or to secure a table or tables at the show please email me (Mark Hale) [email protected] or [email protected] . If you would prefer you may also call me at (919) 730-1455

I will gladly mail anyone interested in a table at the show a contract.

I will also follow this up with a post concerning hotel accomadations in the area that allow smoking. We have special rates with three hotels in the area that allow smoking.

Smoke well, it is the greatest revenge!

Mark Hale

P.S. Look for the full page add in the upcoming issue of P&T Magazine!

Here is the hotel information for the show. These are the hotels that are allowing smoking. Ask for the NC State Fairgrounds rate for a better room rate.

Days Inn Cary
1716 Walnut St. Cary, NC
http://www.cmchotels.com/dic_accom.html

Best Western Cary and Extended Stay Suites
1722 Walnut St. Cary, NC
(919) 481-1200
http://www.cmchotels.com/bwc_accom.html

Holiday Inn and Suites Cary
5630 Dillard Dr. Cary, NC
(919) 851-1220
http://www.cmchotels.com/hic_accom.html

There are many others but these are the ones that we know will allow smoking. You can find more at: http://www.raleighchamber.org/

I certainly plan to be there...but could ya'll have planned it on some other day than my grandson's first birthday???????!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

ftrplt":b4nqccvq said:
I certainly plan to be there...but could ya'll have planned it on some other day than my grandson's first birthday???????!!!!!!!! FTRPLT
FTRPLT, bring your grandson with you! That would be awesome!

Gotta' work around the 1st birthday party; but I'll be there! Look forward to seein' lots of you folks!! FTRPLT

I'm going to try my darnedest to make it, that's for sure!

-Andrew

Grandson's birthday party has been moved to The 20th!! See ya'll around 9 am. later I'm off for the Wolfpack's Red & White Spring football game. My dear wife just may attend with me; however, she has already informed that I have entirely too many pipes and plenty of tobacco!! Hope to meet many of you there!! FTRPLT

ftrplt":hjq8j547 said:
Grandson's birthday party has been moved to The 20th!! See ya'll around 9 am. later I'm off for the Wolfpack's Red & White Spring football game. My dear wife just may attend with me; however, she has already informed that I have entirely too many pipes and plenty of tobacco!! Hope to meet many of you there!! FTRPLT
That is awesome FT! I look forward to meeting you!

Mark,

I plan on attending this year, have already taken off work to come down. Hopefully the weather will be on my side and be on the bike.
:pipe:

DARN IT!! I am traveling that day. I REALLY wanted to make it... sigh... I am also traveling for the next TAPS meeting (not to mention for the last 3 TAPS meetings). I need a job that keeps me put... Another time then, perhaps. :(

-Andrew

I plan on being there, probably sometime after lunch. Hope to see some of you then

A little pre-show teaser of the Brissetts that will be offered at the upcoming TAPS Show.

Phenomenal 360 straight grain with some of the tightest and prettiest birds eye that I have ever seen. Mike wouldn't admit it, but this is a very high grade pipe and the photos don't do squat for it. You have got to see this baby in person!
MBshowStraight.jpg

MBshowBird.jpg

When you hold this most beautiful freehand visions of Hobbits and Elves begin to come to mind, is the only way that I can describe it. Incredible high grade freehand!
MBshowFreehand.jpg