13th ANNUAL TAPS PIPE and TOBACCIANA EXPO

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
It is time once again for the Triangle Area Pipe Smokers Pipe and Tobacciana Show!!!

This is shaping up to be a fantastic show. We already have more tables committed this year than were at the same time last year. The TAPS Show has earned the billing of one of the best shows in the South East and the United States barring Chicago and Richmond.

http://www.tapsclub.us/Welcome.html

Great Selection of Pipes * Pipe Racks

Collectibles * Tobaccos * Hourly Raffles

Smokers’ Accessories * Silent Auction

* Professional Pipe Carvers Contest*

* Door Prizes For Pipe Smokers *

Once again I will have a table and will be featuring Mike Brissett pipes, with a few fresh offerings from his work bench!!! And of course, there will be the famous John Middleton Walnut sampling station along with many other surprises! Also, BoB's very own, most famous talked about Ol'Dawg will be in attendance again this year! I don't have a firm commitment from EJVA yet, but he best bring his a** down here!!!! Look for the Gadsden Flag!

For more information, such as accomodations please do not heistate to contact me! [email protected] or call (919) 730-1455.

I am looking forward to seeing and meeting many BoBs at the show!!!

Smoke well!

Mark

ftrplt":8939zkgm said:
Heading back to Raleigh right after Easter. See ya'll there :cheers: FTRPLT
:cheers: Looking forward to it Byron! Will you be here long enough to attend the TAPS meeting the following Tuesday?

JP,
I'm making every effort to get my a** down there; I'll probably know for sure by this coming monday.

EJinVA":dnii4j4s said:
JP,
I'm making every effort to get my a** down there; I'll probably know for sure by this coming monday.
Well i'd be a good thang fer ya if'n ya do! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey JP,
DocWatson was passing around some fine Scotch at last years show in NY, what are you gonna have? Moonshine maybe???? :D

EJinVA":o63gngvw said:
Hey JP,
DocWatson was passing around some fine Scotch at last years show in NY, what are you gonna have? Moonshine maybe???? :D
So I have to bribe you with a liquor drink to get you down here! The best thing I can offer you is a shot of Old Crow!

:lol!:

I do have access to some Moonshine if that is really what you would prefer. :D

Can't wait to see you again, JP. Haven't seen you since last summer. See you there!

TallSmoke":zahgzac6 said:
Can't wait to see you again, JP. Haven't seen you since last summer. See you there!
If not before! :D It's time to do a little camping and fishing! :cheers:

I'm trying to get up to West Jefferson in mid-April. And we're planning a camping trip to Cherokee in May to catch some trout in the tribal waters. Let's try to plan something soon!

Justpipes":8rf6t8cm said:
ftrplt":8rf6t8cm said:
:cheers: Looking forward to it Byron! Will you be here long enough to attend the TAPS meeting the following Tuesday?
Mark....Oh, yes, I'll be at Duffy's!!!!! :cheers: Byron

For all us BoB's going to TAPS in April. Any way possible we can ALL get together sometime that Saturday :?: Maybe have lunch, or later in the afternoon get together for a brew, or two?? I think it would be just a super hoot if we could work this out!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

ftrplt":521ij4vc said:
For all us BoB's going to TAPS in April. Any way possible we can ALL get together sometime that Saturday :?: Maybe have lunch, or later in the afternoon get together for a brew, or two?? I think it would be just a super hoot if we could work this out!!!!!!!! FTRPLT
I totally agree! I would be up for that and/or meeting early for breakfast.

ftrplt":2dq36m1r said:
Justpipes":2dq36m1r said:
ftrplt":2dq36m1r said:
Mark....Oh, yes, I'll be at Duffy's!!!!! :cheers: Byron
:cheers: Duffy has built a smoking patio for us. He is working on getting it covered and conditioned but I don't know how far along that portion is. If the weather is nice it is a great spot just the same uncovered.

I'm still in doubt because the 4th is my daughters birthday which falls on Easter this year, so my wife had originally said we would have a party on the 10th, but it looks like the kids will be out of school for spring break that week and she has hinted that they might have a play day party during the week, which would work best for me coming to the pipe show, so I've got to drop some strong hints so this can happen.
I would like to meet up with all the BoB's there, it might work better for me to go for brewski's afterward and just get a motel for the night, (since it's ~3.5-4 hrs. drive). But I can be flexable. :cheers:
Sounds like a plan is forming.

I might be up for an early lunch with some of the gang. It's all going to depend on how things go with my 5 year old daughter, whether she is there with me or not (likely will be there with me), how fast she is moving that day, what time we meet up, etc. I've got to take her to a classmate's 1:30 PM birthday party about 40 minutes from the fairgrounds that day.

In any case, if any of you recognize me at the show from the avatar photo (add a few years and some scruffy facial hair), please say hi and introduce yourselves.

Mark & fellow TAPS members - It looks like I have abandoned you guys, but I have not!! I've committed to an ongoing series at my church taking place on Tuesday nights. It should go on for another 6 weeks or so, then I will start attending TAPS meetings again - promise!

-Andrew

Don't forget your cameras. :D

It's always a delight to see pictures of you folks having fun :D