15 year old Germain's Brown flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
WOW! I put this tobacco in a 2oz. mason jar 15 years ago today! popped the lid off and was assaulted with the intense smell of graham crackers. loaded up my Tom Eltang nose-warmer billiard with oval shanked and silver band. over the years the flakes have dried out but not too crispy. WOW sweet, buttery brown sugar with raisins! the cigaryness in a new tin is gone and its very smooth. a quarter down the bowl im hit with a wave of nicotene pleasure and notice im sweating! hee-hee this is fantastic! halfway there is a round sweetness that covers my mouth and I feel like im floating! the butter taste is transforming to a pecan pie like taste that is so good its not really describable. my goodness im laughing. Father Time has turned a mediocre blend ( imho) into a 10 star almost drug like blend! I HIGHLY recommend aging this stuff. absolutely incredible! so after I smoked the first bowl my pallet tasted sugar, butter for the rest of the day! I didn't even smoke anything else that day ( yesterday) I mean all day this incredible aftertaste was with me. wow what a smoke!

Times sure have changed. At the tender age of 21, the idea of "cellaring" pipe tobacco never entered my mind. Nor at 31, 41, or 51 :lol!: Amazing the things that come to mind after one turns 50!! I admire your discipline :cheers: :pipe: FTRPLT

not many 21 yr olds save 65 % of their money, either! I was well off in the late 90's, and I have always been a pack rat! I have 5 100g tins of McBarens virginia no 1 from 91 also. age has done nothing to this. I have about 5 pounds of aromatics from 92 that are god awful! I have Walgreens black cavendish that 15 years old and 3 pounds of golden cavendish that I wouldn't smoke if you paid me! oh and the biggest mistake from back then? mixture 79 in Pound bags! I won't embarass myself by telling how much of that crap I have, but in 20 years ill have lots of near 40 year old baccy. it'll be unsmokable, but i'll have it!

I was starting to get aroused reading your description of that smoke. :oops:

Winslow :sunny: