Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbaL002

Reaction score
I just tried my first bowl of 1792. all I can say is wow. Very strong. Think I might try the fold and stuff method next time though. Is it supposed to have an earthy tone to it?

That is a strong one. :lol:

It should have a very strong tobacco flavor, earthy and dark. There is a flavoring applied called tonquin that really contributes to its unique taste. I really like it but only smoke it every so often.

hi bubba how it going i have been wanting to try that SG 1792 with help from ken did order some SG fvf and and i all so want to try st jame to

I've always been leery of 1792 because of the tonquin, which contains coumarin, a/k/a rat poison. I'm sure the amount SG uses is trivial, but I just can't get past it mentally.

I don’t like 1792.
It’s the worst blend I’ve tried yet. (just my opinion)
WTF is tonquin anyway?
“Tonquin is the extract of the Tonka bean (Dipteryx odorata), a legume found native to British Guyana.
The distinctive aroma originates from coumaric acid, chemically related to the primary ingredient in rat poison.”
I think I’ll try another bowl in a few months; mebbie the tonquin will dissipate.

yeah I'm gonna give it another shot. If Not I know there are a lot of stray dogs and cats around. Maybe this stuff will keep them away. Who knows maybe it'll be better the second time around.

it doesnt work well for rat poisen they just stagger around

It is a love or hate tobacco
if you like aro's you might like it but for me it's not an everyday tobacco

Had my first exposure to 1792 couple of weeks ago. I had to take a seat for a brief period, :drunken: and I was a cigerette smoker for 35 + years. Hey bubba, is that photo of you and your partner in a modern day hooch or a track?

Bd

Never Forget!

Dry it a bit. That should not be a problem over there. In fact, simply leaving the lid on for a few days after opening it might still lose some moisture. Smoke it in a smallish sized bowl. You might want to keep one pipe just for it. This blend can really grow on you.

Yeah. It's best to not stick your nose in the tin and sniff. :lol:

I would like to retract all negative comments I had about 1792. I tried a different way of packing, marble rolls, put it in my medium size poker and all i can say is WOW. It really reminded me of a tall pint of guiness. And since general order number one states no alcohol guess this is as close as I'll get till my R&R. I do so like that sweet cool smoke though. It seemed to smoke a little warm. I'm guessing a lot of that had to do with the climate. That is a picture of me and bubba in a Stryker vehicle. It's the wheeled version of the Bradley.

When I first tried SG 1792, I liked it but found it too strong at the time.

So instead, I preferred its "younger brother", SG Bracken Flake, which had alot of similarities in flavor but is less potent.

As time has gone by, I find myself inured against the strength of 1792 and now enjoy it very much.

Doc Manhattan":hwqro4kl said:
I've always been leery of 1792 because of the tonquin, which contains coumarin, a/k/a rat poison. I'm sure the amount SG uses is trivial, but I just can't get past it mentally.
People do essentially the same thing every time they smoke a cigarette. It ain't gonna kill ya.

George....we have a new resurrecter....he pulled one out that is 4 years old, that so tops my resurrection. :cheers: