1st Post on BoB

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savin LE

Reaction score
Hi there,
Just joined BoB forums after having enjoyed reading the many interesting & some humorous posts therein.

I look forward to speaking to you all in the near future

Sorry this post is a wee bit short but I'm still out & about at the moment and will post proper when I get in :)

Good evening Savin old chap and welcome aboard from a fellow Brit.

What part of the borders are you from? I was working near Alnwick for a while. ..

Eh up Savin. Grand to meet thee, and welcome to BoB. Nobbut time we 'ad another subject from Blighty.

Naw, I'm not a Brit........just an Anglophile yank with an emotional/spiritual connection to several regions of your green and pleasant land. So I tend to go off in one or two dialects from time to time. Can't help it, you see.......

:pale:

Cheers,

RR

Welcome aboard! You will find grand pipes and fine tobaccos here. Comfey chairs to the right and streight jackets to the left. Enjoy your stay!!!!

Eric Furgeson":sjjlr5i7 said:
Welcome aboard! You will find grand pipes and fine tobaccos here. Comfey chairs to the right and streight jackets to the left. Enjoy your stay!!!!
NOOOO, NOT THE COMFY CHAIR!!!!

Greetings, welcome to the group!

Well thank you for the warm welcome gentlemen, hopefully I won't need a straight-jacket just yet though although the sight of some of those cellar pics posted on here might throw me into convulsions of jealousy! :drool:

Stick, I'm a wee bit further north than Alnwick but only 50 miles or so. Do you know where Torness power station is at all?, I can see it across the fields from my front lounge so not too far away.

Savin LE":q4ide5r6 said:
Stick, I'm a wee bit further north than Alnwick but only 50 miles or so. Do you know where Torness power station is at all?, I can see it across the fields from my front lounge so not too far away.
Yes mate, I do.

If I recall correctly I used to surf on a beach near there and used to drive past the power station when heading north on the A1. My wife used to study in Edinburgh so this was a regular trip.

Small world dude!

Heh heh, it certainly is, you will have passed my house on your way up the road on your right but before Torness....

It's a popular spot with surfers Stick as you may well know already, the beach immediately south of the pwr station (Thorntonloch beach) nearly always has surfers on it
The same stretch of shoreline has also been a favourite of mine for wetting a line on for a long time, there and around the power station itself.

Many a contemplative pipe smoked while surveying those waters from a choice rock :lol!:

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. :)

AJ

Buckshot":lp9z1cmm said:
Welcome to the Brotherhood from S.E. Michigan.  
Many Thanks David, I've found a good bunch of guys on here so far so will hopefully fit right in too ;)

Another warm welcome. I too am somewhat of an Anglophile. Love their porters and ales. Huge fan of Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter. went through about 5 cases of it when i received my Ph.D. a long time ago - and the Nut brown. (no did not drink it myself...) Porter is mostly what i make with some Eng. ale and Pale ales thrown in. all my own recipes.

go great with a bowl too eh?

Enjoy the group here!

Who keeps letting these guys in? Yesterday Stick, Today this Savin feller, tomorrow the whole #%*£ board... SHEESH!

P.S. Welcome aboard, good to know I'll have someone to call on when Stick gets out of line.

P.S.S. You did pay the dues when you signed up didn't you? I'm not seeing it in the bank yet.. No posting until the check clears.