2009 Fillmore

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Nate

Reaction score
Smoking a 2009 tin of Fillmore for the past week and it is simply superb! It has got to be the richest VaPer I've ever smoked. Tonight I loaded it in an old GBD estate that I haven't taken to at all (I was ready to give up on this pipe) and it is delivering a mouthwatering smoke! Unbelievably creamy and tangy sweet in a dark brooding sort of way. Starting to see why everyone loves a good GLP blend!

Persistence (and great aged tobacco)!

It's probably your tobacco, but never underestimate an old GBD. McClelland's 2015, for example, is not a blend that gets along with many of my pipes, but it sure sings in a large GBD billiard I have. I'm smoking both right now, and it's awesome.

Brewdude":grd5vmsq said:
Sounds right up the ol' wheelhouse Nate. Have to see if I've got a tin of that hiding somewhere.

Cheers,

RR
I'm very impressed with aged Fillmore. Glad I have a nice stock of it but as always, would like more!

Old Nate":wsai2uua said:
Smoking a 2009 tin of Fillmore for the past week and it is simply superb! It has got to be the richest VaPer I've ever smoked. Tonight I loaded it in an old GBD estate that I haven't taken to at all (I was ready to give up on this pipe) and it is delivering a mouthwatering smoke! Unbelievably creamy and tangy sweet in a dark brooding sort of way. Starting to see why everyone loves a good GLP blend!

Persistence (and great aged tobacco)!
You are so right. Fillmore is a great VaPer and I always have some on hand. You did the right thing by not giving up on you GBD. I have around 20 (all made before 1980) and there's not a bad smoker in the bunch. However sometimes you have to search to find the right tobacco that will make it sing a beautiful song. :)

AJ