2013 Chicago Pipe Show

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peckinpahhombre

Reaction score
How many of you plan to attend the Chicago pipe show this May? I was thinking about going - for those who have been there before, is it worth it?

After speaking with a mentor of mine we both agreed it would be better for me to spend the time and money on tools and carving this year with the hopes that next year I may actually bring some pipes :) So I regret that I will not make it to Chicago this coming year.

rev

Chicago is definitely worth it. There are some show threads around here. There is also the Pipe Making Seminar, which really gives you a superb opportunity to learn some new things from some of the best makers out there. Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement to sign up for the pipe making seminar.

Having said that, I am still not sure if I will be able to go yet. But I am going to try.

I've never been. I fly in and out or ORD on business fairly often, so I'm going to try to coordinate it into my trips.

Doody

I honestly wish I could.. I'd like to make chicago sometime.. BUT i'll be in Ieper Belgium the following week participating in the 100km van Ieper.. a 60 mile 3 day walk around WWI battlefields... so chicago is out.. maybe next year.. I will be in Lohmar (German) though as it is only a 2 hour drive away.... so if you happen to be around Colonge 22-24 March stop by my table and say Hi...

James

I'll definitely be there. I've already requested 5 days off for the show and been given them. I'm so glad I'll actually get to be there for the entire show this year!

I am working on getting the wife to go. If it was in Chicago proper, she would be fine since she could run off and shop the Magnificent Mile. But the idea of being stuck in a resort an hour out of Chicago is something I am having difficulty persuading her about. Is there anything to do around there for someone who isn't into pipes? We have been to Chicago many times, but don't know anything about St Charles.

peckinpahhombre":usi54wh0 said:
I am working on getting the wife to go. If it was in Chicago proper, she would be fine since she could run off and shop the Magnificent Mile. But the idea of being stuck in a resort an hour out of Chicago is something I am having difficulty persuading her about. Is there anything to do around there for someone who isn't into pipes? We have been to Chicago many times, but don't know anything about St Charles.
Uh... there are some cool places to eat. Apparently there's a mall nearby... and then there's golf. Is she a golfer?

There are always organized ladies activities. Keep checking the CPCC web site for updated info. But St Charles is hardly out in no mans land. There is shopping all around. Malls and historic down town areas nearby. Geneva is right next door to St Charles.

Thanks guys. I will keep monitoring the website and we will soon decide what we are going to do.

i think i convinced my fiance that we are going to this this year. pretty excited for it!

My reservations are always made a year in advance; a great venue, and the biggest pipe show in the world.
As for bringing a significant other, they have a limo with champagne to sip on the way to a shopping spree for the women so I've heard.
There are events for everyone.

Definitely going to be there this year! My first show was Columbus last year, as I had to miss Chicago for a friend's wedding last year. I'm signed up for the pipe making seminar and can't wait!

Sounds like if a person was interested in the Pipe Making seminar, now would be a good time to contact Brian Ruthenberg about getting on the list. Even if you don't, the smoking tent is open from midday Wednesday on.

I will probably move this thread to the Community in Action forum in a couple days. Tried this morning and it would not leave a shadow here in the Round Table. Weird.

Ok, moved and made into a Sticky thread for now. No sense starting a new Chicago Show 2013 thread.

If I was still a cheesehead residing in the Milwaukee area I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Alas, out here in the Cascade foothills of the Evergreen state it's a bit of a journey. Perhaps someday.

:|

Cheers,

RR

Glad this was stickied, as I had a similar post elsewhere on the board. I will definitely be there this year. Really looking forward to meeting some of you as an added bonus to all that one normally expects from the show. Hope to see you there.