2015/16 NFL Season

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobJ

Reaction score
Well the Seahawks crashed in their regular season debut 34 to 31 against the Rams. In recent years the Seahawks can't beat these guys at home.

The Seahwaks offensive line continues to be a concern, Mr. Automatic Hauschka blew the OT kickoff setting up great field position leading to the game winning FG and hold out Kam Chancellor's rookie stand in Dion Bailey fell down allowing the Ram's last touchdown which forced the game into OT.

Anyone else watched a little NFL football this weekend?

Would someone like to tell me the Browns lost.

I watched the Giants blow it last night. Whoever had the idea to repeatedly snap the ball with 10-20 seconds left on the play clock really needs to study a Football For Dummies book.

GO CHIEFS!!! While our second half offensive performance leaves A LOT to be desired, defense and special teams looks great!

Thursday night versus the Broncos is going to be fun. Arrowhead is going to be rocking!

Watched da 'Boys squeak out a win due to the Giants mismanagement of the last play and gave them the game. giants outplayed 'em the whole game for sure !! :twisted:

DrumsAndBeer":dt6op6dh said:
I just cut the cord with cable, this time for good. No MNF for me, oops. :p
I did the same over the winter. So now I have SlingTV just for MNF! I found out last night I can't watch NFL on my phone (and it's just an NFL thing) or one of the kid's kindles, but I do get it on the TV and laptop. Guess I'm gonna have to find a cheap tablet so I can watch the games while I put the little one to sleep every week.

I enjoyed a free lunch at Hardees yesterday becuase a co-worker bet me lunch (bet took place last thursday afternoon) that Pittsburgh would beat New England - at home. :roll:

Free meals are the best! :cheers:

I'm not a Pittsburg fan but it's almost impossible to win if the opponent creates new ways to cheat every game.

Tom Brady will win this years super bowl too. Hard to lose when even the Judge has you on his fantasy team.

puros_bran":agstavx8 said:
I'm not a Pittsburg fan but it's almost impossible to win if the opponent creates new ways to cheat every game.  

Tom Brady will win this years super bowl too.  Hard to lose when even the Judge has you on his fantasy team.

"It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose." -  Ozzy Osbourne.

For the record - I have no 'favorite' team, i'm just in it for the money. 8)

I have a favorite team. They don't get caught cheating every other year.

puros_bran":pljkjkxp said:
I have a favorite team.  They don't get caught cheating every other year.  
It's called - Gaining a Competitive Edge. :twisted:

Just pulling your chain, PB. Been a long time, Brother.
I don't agree with their nonsense and questionable behavior either.

But in this case, it was a free lunch for me. Hard to pass up no matter who I really want to win. :lol:

I understand. Kinda like fantasy football sometimes make one cheer for the Pittsburg Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens.

Once again, no favorite team (not since the Saints crashed and burned 2 years ago).

The same guy at work (a life-long Broncos fan) made the same bet with me again on tonight's game - loser buys lunch Monday.

Denver at Kansas City - if Manning looks half as bad as he did last week, it's another free meal for me next week. :cheers:

Don't count yer burger before it's cooked. :evil:

:lol!:

RobJ":8ota4p01 said:
Don't count yer burger before it's cooked. :evil:

True - but we all see that Manning isn't what he used to be. This is to be expected, even Drew Brees isn't having the games he used to have. It's a part of life and a part of the game.

Sometimes - you just need to know when to retire.

Honestly KC looked pretty good last week, and I just have a 'feeling' about tonight's match-up. Perhaps i'm wrong, oh well - it's only a lunch...

Nahhh I was just giving you a hard time and think you're probably right. Peyton's been around a long time and his time is about up I think. I wish we had Hardee's around here, I really liked their food when I lived in Tucson.

RobJ":t77t6x15 said:
Nahhh I was just giving you a hard time and think you're probably right. Peyton's been around a long time and his time is about up I think. I wish we had Hardee's around here, I really liked their food when I lived in Tucson.
It's all good. I wouldn't have taken the bet if I wasn't relatively sure of it.

As far as Hardees - we are cheapskates and usually get the $5.50 big bag lunch. 2-sandwiches of your choice (Cheeseburger, Small Double Cheese, Ham & Cheese, or Spicy Chicken) - can mix and match, fries, drink, and fried applie pie.

That's a lot of food for under $6 - and perfect for lunch on truck day.

Nice! I really enjoyed their breakfast offerings too. Way back when their sausage, egg, cheese and biscuit sandwich just killed. The biscuits were fantastic, back then they actually baked them at the store. Man I'm getting hungry suddenly.