2016 POTY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be in for a BOB POY. All great choices you have listed with carvers!

Hey Rande,

I was one of the passive observers you mentioned earlier. I'm in the process of buying a house so funds will be tight for a while. Love watching how this will unfold though. So many talented carvers to choose from!

I'm in for a POY! I've been hiding money since the beauty Mr. Tinsky made me.

OK, so is this even a topic that our esteemed admins/mods are considering at this point? Have yet to see any of you weighing in on this except for E.

Not attempting to usurp any of your authority in posting this thread as you folks have always been the driving force in the selection of the BoB POTY. And it's always been mui beuno.

Guess I thought that right about now would be a good time to get this rolling due to production times and all that. If I'm out of turn, then Mea Culpa.

Cheers,

RR

Mister E is all you need...

We generally don't even delete spam without a 17 page discussion. If One of us is in, the entirety of us know about it.

sent to Spain would be possible??, if so considered, if I like the choice, purchase one

Gus Martinez":rmmma3za said:
sent to Spain would be possible??, if so considered, if I like the choice, purchase one
I'd believe this would be offered to any location, although shipping might be a bit more. Would depend on the carver of course, but can't see any reason why not.

Cheers,

RR

2 Points I'd like to bring up.

1. Mark Tinsky invested in a BoB stamp some years back. So he has that going for him.
2. There's a BoB POY 2015 still sitting on Tinsky's site...so hopefully everyone that gets on board pays for what they order.
http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Pipes/Unique-Straights/BOB-POY-2015.html

Actually...
3. I'm in no way suggesting any course of action. It looks like a member and a moderator are handling it. No reason to include me, I'll just troll it up. :D

Brewdude":64gc8vk0 said:
Gus Martinez":64gc8vk0 said:
I'd believe this would be offered to any location, although shipping might be a bit more. Would depend on the carver of course, but can't see any reason why not.

Cheers,

RR
ok, thanks

So... here's a little FYI.

We have a proposal now before the Council/Board/Admin (whatever). News will be forthcoming as soon as a decision is made.

All I'll say is that in the finest tradition of Monte Python this will be "something completely different". The overriding criteria for this year's selection have been coolness, utility and affordability.

Ever thought about designing your own spin on a POY? This time you might just get to do it.

Ever wanted to enter a pipe of your design into a "coolest pipe" kind of contest? It just might happen.

Watch this space for an announcement.

7003eb099198c673dd2ed435d13a9a12.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Blackhorse":z5hs25ys said:
So... here's a little FYI.

We have a proposal now before the Council/Board/Admin (whatever). News will be forthcoming as soon as a decision is made.

All I'll say is that in the finest tradition of Monte Python this will be "something completely different". The overriding criteria for this year's selection have been coolness, utility and affordability.

Ever thought about designing your own spin on a POY? This time you might just get to do it.

Ever wanted to enter a pipe of your design into a "coolest pipe" kind of contest? It just might happen.

Watch this space for an announcement.
I wanna be cool too! Can I, can I??? I'll be good...................:afro:

Not if you keep posting pdiddy's emoji.

In the early days of BoB several of the emoji were added in honor (humorously) of certain members.
Ought to run a contest to see who can figure them all out... it'd be interesting because I don't remember all of them. Lol.

We got the nod boys. I'm going to open another thread to go over basics in the correct section.  I'll add a link here when it's up.

Here it is...

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t33445-the-official-bob-pipe-of-the-year-thread#465352

Blackhorse":mfvkwgg2 said:
We got the nod boys. I'm going to open another thread to go over basics in the correct section.  I'll add a link here when it's up.

Here it is...

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t33445-the-official-bob-pipe-of-the-year-thread#465352
Well, slap me arse and call me Sally! What a hoot!

:alien:

Cheers,

RR

puros_bran":zc02u3z6 said:
In the early days of BoB several of the emoji were added in honor (humorously) of certain members.
:king: Long live Capo!