2017 Carvers Helping Carvers Raffle

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotties22

Reaction score
This thread has been approved for posting following review by BoB Board Members and Site Moderators.

Good Morning All!!!

The GKC Pipe Show is fast approaching and with it comes this year's Carvers Helping Carvers Raffle!! We have an all-star lineup featuring pipes by Premal Chheda, Steve Norse, Jason Thompson, Ryan Alden, and yours truly.

Carvers Helping Carvers is an annual raffle to help support and promote North American Pipemakers. All proceeds go to the GKC Pipe Club's North American Carvers contest and are split between the 7 winning pipemakers.

The drawing will be held Thursday, July 20th 2017, at the monthly GKCPC meeting. Each pipe will be raffled individually. The winners will be announced via the GKCPC and Piersel Pipes social media accounts. You do not have to be present at the meeting to win.

Go to Carvers Helping Carvers to purchase tickets and to see pictures of this year's pipes.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for supporting North American Pipemakers!

Scottie

I'm hearing more concerns that the paypal link on the website doesn't work on some android tablets and smartphones. If you run into this problem and want to purchase tickets please pm me and I'll get you taken care of.

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry!! Only 9 Days left to purchase your raffle tickets!!!!! Ticket sales will cease July 20th at 12pm CDT. Don't miss your chance to win one of 6 amazing pipes!

Help Support North American Pipemakers and get your tickets today!

Just a few days left to get your tickets! Sales will cease July 20th at 12pm CDT. The drawing will be that evening at the GKCPC meeting. I will be posting the winners on my social media as well as the GKCPC Facebook page. I will post them here after the raffle is over and the winners have been notified via email.

A little under 3 days left to get your tickets!! Sales will cease July 20th at 12pm CDT.

2.5 hours left to purchase tickets!!!

I will post the winners here later tonight. If you are on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter you can watch as the raffle happens. Search for ladybriarpipes on IG and T or Piersel Pipes on FB. The GKCPC will also be on FB Live as the raffle happens. Search GKC Pipe Club to find the club's page on FB.

Good Luck Everyone!!

Scottie: Question on the procedure. Were individual ticket numbers sent via e-mail or were the names just written down and "thrown into the hat" :?:

DoverPipes":7h2aw3r8 said:
Scottie: Question on the procedure. Were individual ticket numbers sent via e-mail or were the names just written down and "thrown into the hat" :?:
I write the name and city, state on the tickets. They are put into a raffle drum and we draw from that. I figured that was easier than me trying to send out a thousand ticket stubs. That's actually why I cut off sales at noon. I will spend the rest of the afternoon writing names on tickets and getting everything squared away to take to the meeting tonight.

Makes sense to me.
I was just in a raffle and the tickets were photographed with a cell and e-mailed. Yours seems a whole easier! :p

DoverPipes":93e64451 said:
Makes sense to me.
I was just in a raffle and the tickets were photographed with a cell and e-mailed. Yours seems a whole easier! :p
I just wrote your name and city 5 times! Easier, yes. Fast, no. I'm 5 names into my second page of orders and I still have 4.5 pages to go......gonna take a while :lol:

scotties22":t5b8xcfr said:
DoverPipes":t5b8xcfr said:
Makes sense to me.
I just wrote your name and city 5 times!  Easier, yes.  Fast, no.  I'm 5 names into my second page of orders and I still have 4.5 pages to go......gonna take a while :lol:
Hopefully that means you've met whatever $ goal you were shooting for!

DrT999":33ewpo5d said:
scotties22":33ewpo5d said:
DoverPipes":33ewpo5d said:
Makes sense to me.
I just wrote your name and city 5 times!  Easier, yes.  Fast, no.  I'm 5 names into my second page of orders and I still have 4.5 pages to go......gonna take a while :lol:
Hopefully that means you've met whatever $ goal you were shooting for!
We did! We raised a touch over $3000! After I back out paypal fees each of the 7 winning carvers of the GKCPC Carvers Contest will get $417 courtesy of this raffle! It's a great start for the Carvers Contest Raffle in September and makes entering the Carvers Contest really worth while for everyone who enters a pipe.

Sorry for the late reply.....I couldn't remember my password so I had to wait until I got home :D

And the winners are:

Chris Stout- Jason Thomspon Apple
Matthew Riegle- Steve Norse Dublin
Scottie Piersel- Ryan Alden Brandy
Juan Urquiza- Scottie Piersel Billiard
Ron Powell- Quinton Wells Bent Poker
Raymond Adams- Premal Chheda Fish

Thank you everyone for your support! We raised $3022.05 (after pp fees)!! That gives each of the 7 winning carvers of the GKCPC Carvers Contest $431.72!!!

DoverPipes":hi32eebj said:
I guess my "guaranteed winners" weren't so guaranteed!!! :lol!:
I know how you feel! Still, I'm sure there will be more chances in the future to try again

Thank you all for your support! We had a great raffle and raised a lot of money.

I decided to re-raffle the pipe I won as I felt a bit bad for my name being drawn. My intentions were never for me to win a pipe but to support my brothers and sisters in the pipemaking world. So, without further adieu:

The winner of the Ryan Alden Bent Brandy is Michael Lockard of Bangor, ME!!