2020 Chicago Pipe and Tobacciana Show, Now Canceled!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Scroll Down several posts for the latest information.  Show has been canceled as of March 26!

Link to the show flier and website.

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/2020-pipe-tobacciana-show-flyer/

Some of you may have heard that Pheasant Run has, or is in the process of selling, closing, etc.  The very latest word is this (from the show website).

Show Update 1.25.2020

At the present time, we are still contractually obligated to Pheasant Run until the new owners are established and we hear from them on their desire to host the show. Until such a time, we cannot confirm plans for an alternate venue.

In the meantime, we have bids from at least 2 other venues for the show. There will be a show the first weekend of May.

Please book your airfare. Once matters are settled with Pheasant Run, we will advise which hotel to make your reservations. We will provide details ASAP.
So if the Chicago Show is in your plans, stay tuned.  Check the website frequently.  I will update here when I know something.

Thanks for the update, Carlos. It's been difficult to get a straight answer lately.

Has there been any news on the show and hotel? Is it still on? Is the hotel still open?

eggman":yc47ldeh said:
Has there been any news on the show and hotel? Is it still on? Is the hotel still open?
The hotel didn't sell and is closing March 1st. The show is reported to be on but at a TBD location. Will see what happens but I plan on attending. There's a club meeting tomorrow perhaps there will be some news then. :shock:

I have not heard anything from the meeting yet. Been looking for that email.

What I know is, that new venues were being toured. I hope to hear something soon.

Those of you watching this thread.

I saw the announcement on Facebook. The show has a location and it is on for the same dates. The Website is being updated ASAP. Contracts were just inked and all parties are on board.

Just got an email. I usually do not copy/paste intact. But will make an exception this one time, with a bold added.

All,
Here is the latest news on the show. There is a link for room registration at the end.
The show is a go!

This year’s show is May 1-3, at the Westin in Itasca, IL.

Same weekend, different location

We have a minimum number of room rentals, so we need attendees to stay at the Westin. This is about the survival of the show. Please make reservations asap.

We need donations for the silent auction, again, this is about the survival of the show.

The Westin is located at the junction of three expressways and is close to O’Hare Airport.

Please attend the free Friday night banquet for future show announcements.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We have had less than three months to put the show together under the most pressing of circumstances.

Link to room reservations:

https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1583187400452&key=GRP&app=resvlink

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/

Canceled as of March 26th, 2020!

The Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club is sad to announce that we cancelled our contract with the Westin hotel today because of the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic. The safety of our community is our primary concern and we have been monitoring the situation carefully hoping that countermeasures would reduce the rate at which the disease is spreading. However, the increased infections throughout the world, and here in the Chicago metro area, appear to be on the rise. The airline restrictions, combined with state and local restrictions on meetings, will make it impossible to hold our international show in 2020. Our Show dates in 2021 will be May 1st and 2nd. All exhibitor deposits and payments are credits toward the 2021 show tables. If an exhibitor wants a refund, please contact me and a refund will be made.

The Chicago Pipe Show thanks all of the exhibitors, sponsors and supporters who registered for tables and hotel rooms. The Show also thanks Chuck Martin, Allan Boyd, and Paul Bender for the many hours spent in finding and working with the Westin.

Craig Cobine, Show Director

I had a heads up that this may have been coming. But I waited for the official announcement. Some of the folks with reservations were seeing them cancelled in the past couple days by the Westin hotel. This should be no surprise really.

Efforts have already started for the 2021 Chicago Pipe & Tobacciana Show. I hope that we can put the COVID-19 behind us and have a great show next year. Everyone stay safe.