2020 Pad/Tad tax refund

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Mikem

Reaction score
I couldn't help myself: I know I said I already had plenty but I couldn't help it.

8 ounces Stokkebye Proper English
Tub Edward G Robinson (thanks Idlefellow for the recommendation). I've smoked a couple bowls now and could see where this could be an every day blend in the rotation.
Ropp Rhodesian pipe
Book: Sherlock Holmes as a Pipe Smoker
100 gram tin of Drucquer & Sons Trafalgar
Tin Mac Baren Black Ambrosia
Tin Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired
Four ounces each of Country Squire Old Toby, Choctaw, Cowboy Coffee and Baker Street.
I tried ordering a couple blends from Uhles but had issues trying to order. I don't do PayPal and when I tried going the credit card route it kept freezing up.
Also a little disappointed with Pipes and Cigars as I ordered a Meerschaum Poker that was "In Stock" but when I checked on my order it said back ordered. I don't do back orders either. LOL
Forgive the picture as picture taking is not one of my strong suits.
20210327_142414.jpg

Ranger107

Reaction score
I couldn't help myself: I know I said I already had plenty but I couldn't help it.

8 ounces Stokkebye Proper English
Tub Edward G Robinson (thanks Idlefellow for the recommendation). I've smoked a couple bowls now and could see where this could be an every day blend in the rotation.
Ropp Rhodesian pipe
Book: Sherlock Holmes as a Pipe Smoker
100 gram tin of Drucquer & Sons Trafalgar
Tin Mac Baren Black Ambrosia
Tin Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired
Four ounces each of Country Squire Old Toby, Choctaw, Cowboy Coffee and Baker Street.
I tried ordering a couple blends from Uhles but had issues trying to order. I don't do PayPal and when I tried going the credit card route it kept freezing up.
Also a little disappointed with Pipes and Cigars as I ordered a Meerschaum Poker that was "In Stock" but when I checked on my order it said back ordered. I don't do back orders either. LOL
Forgive the picture as picture taking is not one of my strong suits.
View attachment 1038
Looks like a nice haul. Should keep you puffing for a while. Another poker? Oh yeh, forgot you don't have many of that shape yet, lol.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the "Sherlock Holmes" book!!! FTRPLT

Timbo

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Nice lot of loot, hope you like the Ropp, all three of mine smoke very well.

D.L.Ruth

Reaction score
Is your Old Toby super moist? I ordered some a while ago and talk about moist, I really enjoy Country Squire aromatics because generally they are not moist and goopy, hoping that the old Toby I got was a fluke.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Yeah...Country Squire does a solid job. I hope you guys have a bunch of Rivendell stashed away.

For my “‘baccy bucks” there isn’t a better aromatic blend than Rivendell anywhere. I don’t consider John Patton blends to be aros, so we’re safe there. I also don’t count the Gawith Lakelands as aromatics so that leaves the field clear of most serious competition. Heh, heh...doesn’t mean I’ll stop trying to find a better one.

Good dog, Piper...

D486F81A-0BB3-4BB1-A91D-687AE252F404.png

Last edited:

gkhanna74

Reaction score
Great haul. I have had good luck with Ropp pipes. I have two and they smoke well. Hoping yours does as well

Mikem

Reaction score
On the question of Old Toby: Mine seemed okay. Moisture level about what I expected from that type of blend. Not goopy at all.

Mikem

Reaction score
The last of my orders came in. Eight ounces each of Sutliff 150 Mark Twain, Sutliff 1M and Hearth and Home Classic Burley Kake.