2021 Peterson Christmas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoker 13 , We think alike.After I ordered that Milverton,I was thinking I should have gotten the Watson too that I have been drooling over! There`s something about these Sherlock Holmes pipes that's addicting...

As nice as they are, and they are very nice. Am I the only one who misses the actual Christmas themed pipes? I love Peterson pipes. I have several, including one of their Christmas pipes, a 408 I think. One of my absolute favorites. It has Santa on the band, and I think that’s the last year they went overtly Christmas. I guess this is a good opportunity to grab some special edition Sherlock pipes though, right?

Dang you guys. Couldn't wait any longer. I looked at the Xmas smooth milverton and it is much darker than the non xmas milverton smooth in plip. So went with the rusticated from smoking pipes. Had to pay tax but what the heck, only $10 more and will be here in a week. My xmas gift to myself, lol.

As nice as they are, and they are very nice. Am I the only one who misses the actual Christmas themed pipes? I love Peterson pipes. I have several, including one of their Christmas pipes, a 408 I think. One of my absolute favorites. It has Santa on the band, and I think that’s the last year they went overtly Christmas. I guess this is a good opportunity to grab some special edition Sherlock pipes though, right?
I wish when they did their special editions (Christmas, St Patrick's, etc) it was just one pipe instead of a whole line of shapes and finishes.

Ranger,
I had to get the rusticated finish because they did not have much left in the Milverton line,the inventory was dwindling fast as well .... One of my Lestrade`s is rusticated and I like the look... My research on the Internet show that some people are having stain coming off on their hands ? others are complaining about drilling issues !On one forum there was a theory going around that Peterson knew these Christmas pipes would be a big hit and rushed them out without a concern about quality control... Now keep in mind there is a lot of Peterson haters on the Internet !
I have purchased 4 Pete`s in the last 3 months and have not had a problem with any of them -not saying it can`t happen,But time will tell.

Ranger,
I had to get the rusticated finish because they did not have much left in the Milverton line,the inventory was dwindling fast as well .... One of my Lestrade`s is rusticated and I like the look... My research on the Internet show that some people are having stain coming off on their hands ? others are complaining about drilling issues !On one forum there was a theory going around that Peterson knew these Christmas pipes would be a big hit and rushed them out without a concern about quality control... Now keep in mind there is a lot of Peterson haters on the Internet !
I have purchased 4 Pete`s in the last 3 months and have not had a problem with any of them -not saying it can`t happen,But time will tell.
The Watson I got is just fine. Will see about the Milverton. If there is a problem I'm pretty sure Smoking Pipes will make it right.

I wish when they did their special editions (Christmas, St Patrick's, etc) it was just one pipe instead of a whole line of shapes and finishes.
It always was a bit chaotic. Savinelli does the same thing I think. It seems like maybe since laudisi bought Peterson they’ve been moving away from some of the older ways of doing things. The pipes are still top notch though.

Have decided I would like a Xmas SH Deerstalker but can't find one in stock. If anyone on here stumbles across one available, please pm me with the info. Will be greatly appreciated.

DL, thanks for the heads up. Ordered the rusticated deerstalker from Smoking Pipes yesterday. That is it, positively no more pipes this year, unless Ron posts one of his really nice bulldogs, lol.