22 LR Ammunition

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check Buds Gun shop and Grabagun online. Grabagun had the stainless on sale about a month ago. Still pricey but available. The ones I see advertised are generally in the 5 to 600 range.
Haven't checked on the Ruger 22-10 or .44 cal in years! In the mid-60's when I worked in a B&M pipe, cigar, and tobacco shop; there was a gun shop adjacent complete with 4 gunsmiths! IIRC, the 22-10 was about $24-26 in blue steel. The .44 cal was $52-54. How times (and prices) have changed!!

Found a Ruger 10-22 Stainess model at a store 60 miles away that’s order-able online for $305 picked up. That’s way better than I thought it would be. Regular garden variety models as low as $225 or so. But I always liked the stainless barrel w black synthetic stock.

BC4A688E-3D92-49C4-8360-6FF4E1043B58.jpeg

Sweet! Glad you were able to pick it up! I was recently given my late father-in-law's Winchester 1890 in .22WRF. It's well used but still a tack driver and oozes class and family provenance...

H88q1tVl.jpg

My bro-in-law and hunting buddy passed away recently and my SIL has his 10-22 for sale, but I just looked: blued barrel :(
Sorry to hear about your BIL.The blued is still a nice gun if the price is right.
Haven't checked on the Ruger 22-10 or .44 cal in years! In the mid-60's when I worked in a B&M pipe, cigar, and tobacco shop; there was a gun shop adjacent complete with 4 gunsmiths! IIRC, the 22-10 was about $24-26 in blue steel. The .44 cal was $52-54. How times (and prices) have changed!!
Yessir, dramatically, especially the last few months. I bought my first Ruger Security Six, 4" stainless from a coast to coast store in Iowa that was getting out of the gun business. Paid $120. Like an idiot sold it when I left the midwest for Cali. To replace it with a used 4" blue 3 years ago cost me over 400. Try buying a vintage Colt Python or Diamondback. Talking 6\7K minimum.
Sweet! Glad you were able to pick it up! I was recently given my late father-in-law's Winchester 1890 in .22WRF. It's well used but still a tack driver and oozes class and family provenance...

H88q1tVl.jpg
Yep, the older guns just ooze class and nostalgia. Recently picked up a model 1894 Marlin lever in 357 from a Ranger pal. He was going to use it with his Prescott Regulators outfit but never fired it. Now it's mine, mine, mine, hehe.

Rural king here has been getting some good shipments in lately of 9mm and other various calibers. Just not any .380 or 32 acp.

Bout time, eh?

You know, things have been picking up here and there recently it seems…but with the also recent explosion of the Covid Delta variant I’m guessing that we’ll go through another period of very short supply.

Bout time, eh?

You know, things have been picking up here and there recently it seems…but with the also recent explosion of the Covid Delta variant I’m guessing that we’ll go through another period of very shirt supply.
It sure is. All of the hospitals around here are maxed out with covid patients. A very good friend is the local cardiologist. He told me the 23 covid patients in our hospital, none of them were vaccinated.

That’s a totally common story all over the country. It breaks my heart and makes me disgusted at the same time. Very, very sick people, close to dying that were unvaccinated and STILL believe that Covid and the vaccines are a hoax. I saw one story about a fairly young guy in the hospital interviewed twice and still spouting antivaxxer conspiracy nonsense and they were going to go back to do a final segment with him, but couldn’t. He had died.

I was in my local Cabela's and they had some ammo on the shelves for the first time in months - the ammo section had previously been turned into displays of concealed carry handbags, etc. I didn't pay much attention to what was there as I was just looking for 12ga target loads which they had; bought a few boxes at $8.99 which isn't TOO bad.