$233,610!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Happy Father’s Day! No need to wonder where all of your potential PAD & TAD funds went. Note the quote below:

“The Cost of Raising a Child Jumps to $233,610. The cost of raising a child has increased in the last year, according to a report from the Department of Agriculture. For a middle-income family to raise a child born in 2015 through the age of 17, the cost of rearing a child has hit $233,610, according to the report. Jan 9, 2017”

Not that I regret our investment in the future...love both of mine dearly...I just wonder when they’re gonna start paying me back! Well, they’re taking me to lunch on Sunday...fish & chips and a pint at our local Stillhouse Pub. Yum. Well, that’s a start.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I heard twice that figure, so it's good to see the actual numbers, so that means that I have about 1/2 million in my two kids. Now I know why my single friends can afford all their expensive toys.

Kudos to all of the parents out there - I can't imagine doing the things you do - but I've never once regretted our decision to go through life as a two-income, no-kid household (as selfish as that may seem).

So...think about this...

That figure is in TODAY’S money.  A mean figure of about $13K per year. So you have two kids, like me.  Use that dollar figure as the amount they cost (so to speak) right now, at their current age.  Then go back to when they were born X years ago...and the annual amount would be LESS per year when you account for inflation, cost of living increases, etc. So maybe when they were born, say five years ago, the total would have been just $200,000. Just a guess.  Then go forward from five to eighteen and project inflationary figures for each year’s cost.  Then add those 18 annual figures up for the REAL estimated total.  I’d bet it would be closer to your other figure. Way closer.  THEN let’s talk about college!

Are they worth it?  Well, most of them are.

Blackhorse" Not that I regret our investment in the future...love both of mine dearly...I just wonder when they’re gonna start paying me back! Well said:
Have you paid your's back ? :twisted: :twisted:

On April 7th 2018 we got paid back. :shock:
img_1810.jpg