23rd Annual Raleigh Pipe Show April 3 & 4, 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 2386
  • Start date
Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 2386

Y’all! It’s almost time for the 23rd Annual Raleigh Pipe and Tobacciana Expo! This event will be epic and I hope I get to see some of you there—chime in in the comments and we can arrange a meet-up on premises. Some of this year’s highlights:

—Pipe carving workshop with David Huber and John Inge. This runs from 9am to 4pm on Friday and space is very limited, so if you want to make a pipe with the help of two of the best carvers in North America sign up now!

—Welcome reception with keynote speaker Jeremy Reeves, head blender at Cornell and Diehl. This goes down Friday night from 6–?, with a presentation by Jeremy, great food, adult beverages, and of course plenty of pipe smoking.

—The show itself runs from 9am to 5pm on Saturday, with artisan carvers, estate sellers, tobacco and pipe importers, distributors, and more. And of course there will be endless discussions and pipe puffing taking place on the covered patio.

—The con hotel is $79 a night (cheap!), and our region is home to killer BBQ, award-winning fusion cuisine, and more local breweries and distilleries than you can shake a rocks glass at. Seriously, come for the pipes, stay for the next level eats and drink.

How much would you pay for all this? How does five (5) American dollars grab you? Like a hairy hand in the dark? Hell yeah it does.

All this goes down in America’s tobacco heartland. If you come from out of town plan on giving yourself a little time to explore the American Tobacco Campus in Durham and our other local milestones of tobacco history.

And the  intimate nature of the show allows you to spend quality time with the best American carvers, vendors, and industry leaders that isn’t always easy in Chicago or Vegas, and you’ll have first crack at new pipes and great deals before the later shows.

Hope to see you there!

Brewdude":od62k9bh said:
That sounds like a way great event Jesse. Wish I could attend. But at least I'll make this a sticky.

Cheers,

RR
Thanks, Rande!

It's been a couple of years since I've been to the TAPS show. I'm going to try and make it this year for sure.

Anyone up for an informal get together at the show on Saturday? I'd love to put faces to the names on here and share a bowl you.

As this will be my first pipe show was just wondering, do people generally being tobacco to smoke or just pick it up there? Anyone who has been to this event, is smoking at the event allowed or do you have to go outside to smoke? Starting to get excited for this.

As this will be my first pipe show was just wondering, do people generally being tobacco to smoke or just pick it up there? Anyone who has been to this event, is smoking at the event allowed or do you have to go outside to smoke? Starting to get excited for this.
Typically folks bring something to smoke. There used to be samples on offer but that has mostly gone away I believe due to the new FDA rules? Looking forward to this!

Very sorry to see this canceled but totally get it. Maybe once things calm down the rest of you NC folks could join Geoff and me at a regular meeting of the TAPS, it’s always a good time.