25% off all tobaccos in stock

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Marscigars.com

Got a newsletter from them today regarding a new 55 cent per ounce tax going into effect where they are based. Clearing out all stock before he has to pay the tax on his stock. 38 bucks for a pound of McC's 2015? Amazing!

I quote:

"Ramblings from mars:

Yesterday, September 11th, I learned of the new tobacco tax in Pennsylvania. In respect of the special date, I've held off on this announcement until today.

The new law, passed by a Republican legislature and signed by a Democratic governor, is imposing a new $.55 per OUNCE tax on tobacco products. (Cigarettes have their own separate tax increase and cigars are exempt). This tax goes into effect on October 1 and includes any in-store stock I may have.

So come October 1st, I need to inventory all my pipe tobacco and pay the tax on it. Obviously, the less stock, I have, the less tax I need to pay.

So starting now until September 30, 2016, all pipe tobacco is discounted another 25%! Tins AND BULK!

This is a huge discount on our already heavily discounted prices, but I'd rather pass the savings on to you, than pay the state.

This sale has some conditions:

Only tobacco in stock is subject to the sale.

Quantities are limited to what is in stock.

NO SPECIAL ORDER items will be accepted, even if they appear on the web site. If it is not in stock, it is not available for this sale.

After, September 30th.... truthfully, I'm not sure how we will proceed, but I expect us to still continue if at all possible. But for now, buy, buy, buy! You will never see these prices again!"

End quote.......

Well, what are you waiting for?

:twisted:

The ratchet tightens. Great deal, but they were out of everything I wanted to load up on. Obviously this will affect P&C also, both being in Pennsylvania. Maybe get some of Boswell's whatchamacallit @ $8.80/lb less than a month from now? :scratch:

I checked right after the letter arrived, and they were already sold out of everything I would have wanted that they had discounted. :(

Well, what I had entertained an idea about is gone now..... Loaded a cart last night and nothing is in stock. It's OK, it's OK, one more TAD this quarter and my General would be without his two Colonels, if you acquire my drift.....

Brewdude":alxfsq1u said:
Figured I'd snag a couple lbs of 5100 Red Cake. We'll never see it this inexpensive again I figure, and it's one of my go-to's.

Cheers,

RR
Crap. Mike was oos on the 5100 what he finally got around to my order. So guess I'm SOOL.

Oh well, I did this on the basis of a good deal and not that I really needed it.

<shrug>

Cheers,

RR

I got in easily.  Thanks for the heads up!

In honor of our resident planter, grower, blender...I nailed the following...

One Pound of C&D Turkish Izmir ($21.76)

A Half Pound of C&D Chopped Cigar Leaf ($13.46)

A Quarter Pound of C&D Granulated Perique ($11.92)

Pretty good prices indeed.  I did the above with the goal of using some of my on hand Uhle Burley Blend to concoct a Dy-No-Mite Blackhorse Christmas Blend.

So that gives me some top level Burley, plus Turkish, Cigar Leaf and Perique. Seems like all I need now is some VA to support the Burley base and I'd be in business.

Anyway, it seems like $47 and change is pretty darn good for nearly two pounds of bliss.

(Maybe I need to work with Ozzie on a recipe!)

As I mentioned before, he was quickly out of stock on somethings I really wanted, but then I went back and ordered some stuff for the deep cellar. Alas, he then contacted me Thursday and said 2/3s of that order was out, and then yesterday that the rest was as well. :( Bad news for me, but at least he isn't paying extra tax on it