3-5 year old Perique

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2027

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So a shop that closed up gave me their bag of perique from places unknown. I was shuffling through the cellar and found those mason jars. Cracked open the two and the smell about knocks you out. In the back there is that vinegar thing but up front it is musty gym socks. I don't know what I'm going to do with this stuff and I have 2 big mason jars of it. I think also in the pile is a small jar of unknown Cavendish too.

Guess I'll try some blending experiments. Any suggestions?

GeoffC":dl2fwa3h said:
So a shop that closed up gave me their bag of perique from places unknown.   I was shuffling through the cellar and found those mason jars.  Cracked open the two and the smell about knocks you out.   In the back there is that vinegar thing but up front it is musty gym socks.   I don't know what I'm going to do with this stuff and I have 2 big mason jars of it.   I think also in the pile is a small jar of unknown Cavendish too.

Guess I'll try some blending experiments.   Any suggestions?
Yup.

Try adding 10-15% to a straight 'ginny flake. And let it "simmer" awhile.

You're welcome!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Oh boy, lots of fun could be had with that!

Like Brewdude said , toss a Virginias salad garnished with some of that. It can stiffen up some weaker blends too.!

It's perique - it'll make EVERYTHING better!

Ok...maybe not Middleton's Cherry.

Does perique sometimes get peppery with age? I haven't found it to be the case in the past, but I cracked open a new jar of 4 year old Luxury Navy Flake a couple weeks ago, and it is uncharacteristically peppery at times. Could be that I hit a few flakes with that note, but it continues to catch me off guard.