4 Noggins Prairie Wind

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually keep some around.About time to order some more.
Always get fast,and great service from them.

monbla256":gn4vpw1o said:
Slide":gn4vpw1o said:
4noggins.com_Mike":gn4vpw1o said:
Everyone deems PW good but I wonder what VA/Perique it is most like:

Escudo/Dunhill Navy Rolls
Davidoff Flake Medallions
SG St. James Flake
MC St. James Woods

I guess I'm asking if it's a full-bore VA/Perique or like the Davidoff, which I feel is more smooth and refined.
It has a McClelland flavor to it. I suspect he uses their Virginia in the blending of it.
Been smoking McC's baccy for nearly 30 years and I din't tatse any McC flavor in Prairie Winds. I DO taste a nice mixture of Bright and Red Va's as it's base with a nice tasty dose of Perique. It has become my GO TO VaPer now days. Not as Perique heavy as many of Mr. Peases blends, but you do get that nice peppery spice intermingled with the Va sweetness  :twisted:
I'll defer to your 30 years of experience. Perhaps it is due to my lack of experience that the tin note, or the bag note if you will, reminds me so strongly of McClelland.

Regardless...I like it and have a lot of it on hand.

Slide":whbhdnuo said:
monbla256":whbhdnuo said:
Slide":whbhdnuo said:
4noggins.com_Mike":whbhdnuo said:
Everyone deems PW good but I wonder what VA/Perique it is most like:

Escudo/Dunhill Navy Rolls
Davidoff Flake Medallions
SG St. James Flake
MC St. James Woods

I guess I'm asking if it's a full-bore VA/Perique or like the Davidoff, which I feel is more smooth and refined.
It has a McClelland flavor to it. I suspect he uses their Virginia in the blending of it.
Been smoking McC's baccy for nearly 30 years and I din't tatse any McC flavor in Prairie Winds. I DO taste a nice mixture of Bright and Red Va's as it's base with a nice tasty dose of Perique. It has become my GO TO VaPer now days. Not as Perique heavy as many of Mr. Peases blends, but you do get that nice peppery spice intermingled with the Va sweetness  :twisted:
I'll defer to your 30 years of experience. Perhaps it is due to my lack of experience that the tin note, or the bag note if you will, reminds me so strongly of McClelland.

Regardless...I like it and have a lot of it on hand.
I think what most people associate the McC Ketchup aroma is really just that of fermented Red and Bright Virginias. I have smelt it in several other blends by other blenders that have a strong Va base to their blend. But as you say, it is a GOOD blend and I to also keep a half pound on hand as well :twisted: :twisted: 

Prairie Wind is what I would call my "go to blend". I've been smoking it since Rich started offering it.

By the way, it came out about the time period when Neil Young released his Prairie Wind album. Rich is a big fan of Neil Young. :D 

Oh hell no, you guys are killing me here, another blend across the pond to desire, I'll have to look to this in the future, who knows, maybe I'll get some in a trade, yeah I know, dream on punk. :arrow: