55 Yrs Ago

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbradsim

Reaction score
756DA462-15AB-4B7D-AC75-217F59811A52.jpeg

55 yrs ago I married this woman, I got the better deal, been by my side thru thick and thin, and she’s a fine cook, I love you Billie.

Congratulations! A long marriage is like an old favorite sweater, a little raggedy around the edges but very, very comfortable. We are coming up on 47 at the end of the month.

We just celebrated our 40th on 12/6 and thought we were pretty cool stuff. And here we’re just kids! Sincere condolences to the little missus and happy congrats to you. I’m the lucky one in our deal too.

BTW: I love your cutting board! The wood looks like bamboo. You could do the fatted calf on that one. I wouldn’t be surprised if y’all got that on your wedding.

Congrats to you and the missus. I envy you guys with long term relationships. I was married for 20 years, divorced for 26. When I met my wife 7 years ago she was everything I had seeking for the last 26. Retired nurse, intelligent, easy going, kind to a fault, and cute as the proverbial girl next door. Had a coffee date that wound up being 5 hours and together ever since. If we had another 50 years I am sure we would still be together, but alas not to be unless by some miracle of science we live to be 120, lol.