6 Photo No. 666 review

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaWarrior

Reaction score
I received a small container of the 666 from Jim. Because I have Coffee Kick and Kailash, I knew I couldn't lose.

The tin aroma on first opening was strong camphor with a spicy Indian background note. After a week of use I only smell camphor on the tin note. If I snuff it off my hand, I get a very pronounced floral aroma with the intense cooling of the camphor. The smell is similar to Old Paris. When I sniff it it makes me sneeze uncontrollably, so I take it by wetting my finger, dipping it, and smearing inside my nostrils which gives such an intense rush of a frozen sensation. When the iciness wears off there is a very subtle choco note similar to a good Vabur, but you have to look for it. It's more noticeable if you go from inside to outside fresh air.

The snuff is physically very fine, similar to pollen size, very fluffy when decanted, with typical 6 Photo moisture level. It takes very easy and if it didn't make me sneeze I'd be sniffing it all the time. Smearing it works great as a membrane cleanser and gets the nose ready for the day. It opens me up when I'm clogged from other non mentholated favorites.

My assessment is if you like over the top icy medicated snuff with medium nicotine, nuanced savory background notes, and extra fine and fluffy grind with a touch of moisture as I do, try it! When I run out, this is one I will reorder.

This snuff brought to my attention that there are different techniques for different snuffs, just as certain pipes will make a blend sing.

Update: Been mixing with Fubar Grunt and now I don't sneeze when I boxcar it.