$8.25 oz. "on sale": Squadron Leader

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess we all have our priorities. I won't pay more than $20 for a pair of jeans, but looking at a horse for $15k. Go figure.
Ps, have friends who have $800 custom made cowboy hats. I thought for a week before shelling out $130 for a Bailey that I wanted, lol.

Went to the Montecristi site. As someone who wears Irish Walking Hats and my old U.S.N. wool watch cap, I was stunned at what those Panama hats were going for. To each his own.
Hand woven Panamas are a dying art and highest quality hats are being purchased by collectors.

I really don't think it's all that different from collectors buying expensive high grade pipes and never smoking them.
All of the best Panamas are one of a kind, totally made by one weaver. I bought my best Panama to wear, but as prices escalated and it became a collectible, I bought a machine made copy (several, actually) and my head doesn't know the difference.

Guess we all have our priorities. I won't pay more than $20 for a pair of jeans, but looking at a horse for $15k. Go figure.
Exactly! My daughter's father-in-law is the cheapest person I've ever known, bar none. He and his wife live in an upscale neighborhood next door to a former Governor of MN. From the outside, their house is pristine. Inside, the kitchen cabinets are falling off the walls and nothing has been painted or re-carpeted in 30 years. He's a beer drinker and admittedly buys the cheapest beer in the store, regardless of brand. He drives a 2020 Kia Niro hybrid, his wife a fairly new Toyota Prius and in his garage is a basically undriven 2016 Dodge Charger with every available accessory.
I doubt he's ever bought any jeans other than Mavericks for $12.00 a pair.

Well I do buy cheap jeans but our home is our castle and our refuge. Nothing falling off the walls and the inside is pristine mostly due to wife but I do help. We spent a bit over 30k relandscaping our back yard a year after we moved in. We have a Ram 1500 Laramie p/u, her Infinity, and my Camaro, plus the two Harleys, so guess I can't really be called cheap, lol. Just judicious on how I spend my money and on what.

B
Well I do buy cheap jeans but our home is our castle and our refuge. Nothing falling off the walls and the inside is pristine mostly due to wife but I do help. We spent a bit over 30k relandscaping our back yard a year after we moved in. We have a Ram 1500 Laramie p/u, her Infinity, and my Camaro, plus the two Harleys, so guess I can't really be called cheap, lol. Just judicious on how I spend my money and on what.
BTW, I am 1/4 Scotch, lol.