80 degrees today, what to smoke in the summertime?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
It was a beautiful day and I decided to smoke some War Horse today while doing honey-does outside. Then I smoked some Waccamaw. Both were perique blends. I was wondering what you all smoke on summer days that would be a bit lighter than my usual latakia blends. The perique blends seem to be a bit lighter and seemed to fit in with the warm weather. Am I right? Or is it just personal preference?

Funny that this topic would come up. I have smoked St. James Flake periodically through the colder months this year. Tonight, it tasted sooooooo much better in 80+ degree weather here.

Strange in a great way,

Grumble, mutter, bah.....36* and a chance of up to 7 inches of snow tonight.

Va and Va/Pers seem to be the order of the day as it gets hotter brother. Enjoy your fine weather lol and some more interesting smokes.

Jim

In addition to regular VaPers, I like Rum-topped blends, Red Va's, and, perhaps counter-intuitively, I continue to enjoy many Kentucky-rich blends. Too bad C+D's 'The Beast' was a limited edition!

I tend to drift toward cigars, as though an invisible hand directed by Satan were controlling my impulses. That is in addition to regular pipe smoking. Wonder why that is? I have little interest in stogies during winter's blizzard and blight.

I do tend to smoke more Burley and Ginnyweed's as the temps warm. Still hit the Latweed as the temps cool a bit in the evening (and the beer & Whisky/Whiskey get poured!!). Plus, I too am prone to more stogie puffing with warmer outdoor temps. :cheers: FTRPLT

Quite warm today in Crazy Connecticut. I enjoyed a nice bowl of Gawith Hogarth Coniston Cut Plug in my Brebbia tomato. Very nice. But I don’t change tobacco all that much as the seasons change. Maybe a little more Lat when it gets chilly. But hereabouts summer doesn’t last all that long, anyway. Pollen season sucks. It’s the no-smoking season and I can’t leave the cars in the driveway.

I smoke the same type of 'baccy winter/summer, VA's with one or two Lat oriented blends thrown in for variety but even these are predominately va based. My fave is Royal Yacht as it works well summer or winter. JMHO :twisted: :twisted: Smoke what you like regardless of the season it's your pipe !! :twisted: :twisted: