8deco Bamboo Tamper

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Just passing along the word. In my last order from Sykes land, I picked up one of the 8deco bamboo tampers with the concave and vented foot:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe-supplies/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=121008

I have been using it quite a bit and have found the design to be just wonderful, especially on smaller chamber pipes. What a great tamper. I hope they will continue to stock them as I will certainly be purchasing a few more with my next order.

A side note: interesting that the tamper goes for about three bucks at the above whereas the same exact tamper goes for around fifteen at Iwan Ries (retail markups never cease to amaze):

http://www.iwanries.com/8-Deco-2-Bamboo-P13158C519.cfm

Just picked one up from smokingpipes.com and loved it so much I bought 3 more to keep around. I use the bamboo end to break up the dottle when I'm finished, adding an old world feel and which has made it my favorite tamper. Can't beat the price either.

That is a nice looking tamper I might have to add one to my next order.

Nice looking tamper, and at that price, one can afford to have several, or even give them as gifts. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

bentbulldog":902r135d said:
Just picked one up from smokingpipes.com and loved it so much I bought 3 more to keep around. I use the bamboo end to break up the dottle when I'm finished, adding an old world feel and which has made it my favorite tamper. Can't beat the price either.
Good on you. Also, I have found that the end works great for scraping gunk out of the mortise of a pipe. I just bought another two in my last order. The absolute best tamper I have ever encountered for the price. The concave and vented foot is just pure genius. Wish someone would have made these years ago. Sykes and his guys sure know how to pick em.