9/11

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Let us not forget that 18 years ago roughly 3,000 of our brothers and sisters went to work in New York City, and a while later had to decide whether to perish in a flaming inferno or jump to their deaths. Others got to ride to their deaths in the back of airliners flown by crazy fanatics intent on mayhem and suicide. :( :( FTRPLT

Certainly a defining moment in my life.

Of interest after today there is an entire generation that will be becoming adults in the post 9/11 world.
Food for thought

I remember it all the time. My B-I-L was on the Harrington Park, NJ fire department that was called to Ground Zero along with some of his firefighters. I still pray for the families of those who perished, and the ones affected today. Fortunately for my B-I-L, he is healthy today.

That’s great that he has not had any of the linger health effects.

Its a miracle considering how many have had issues

Each and every one that died is in my heart, and their families, especially today. But none more than on the flight that was prevented by its passengers from hitting the White House...and all the first responders who ran to their deaths trying to help others. Those are the acts that make me proud, even through the horror.

History Prof 1861":mt0y7dg6 said:
That’s great that he has not had any of the linger health effects.
Its a miracle considering how many have had issues
Now that I think of it, he did have a pacemaker inserted several years ago. Hmmm, I wonder... No, I won't go there.

GeoffC":mowcgyf6 said:
I remember watching the 2nd plane live on TV.  Unreal. Now kid's born then are still deploying to the same war.
Me too. I was in the NAAFI on a RAF base in the north of England. The effect it had on the room was marked. In that instant we knew that our military lives had just changed to address a new aggressor.