9mm pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak2000

Reaction score
Is there a high quality adapter anyone knows of that doesn't rattle or gurgle? Or a permanent solution?

The permanent solution is not to buy 9mm pipes. :lol:

Really...given that the stem/bit dimensions are likely different for every make and model out there...to get that perfect fit where the air flow isn’t impeded or snagged on some lip or ledge, etc. would be pretty much impossible...I would think. No expert here but it seems that any adapter would have to be custom fit.

Any guys out there that actually know what they’re talking about? lolp

Not what you asked, but I just smoke them without anything in the cavity. I've had not good but great results doing so. Kind of a calabash effect, I'm thinking. Or imagining. But it works very well for me--so much so that whether a pipe is 9 mm or not is not a factor in purchasing.

Don’t know of adapters, but I’ve been kind of experimenting with pipe filters. Savinelli filters fit lots of filter friendly pipes and can be easily modified to fit others. They aren’t pipe cleaner friendly, though.

I was thinking about the Savinelli balsa inserts as I like them in some of my Savinellis that take them. I decided against the pipe though.

I have a lot of balsa wood strips that I use with my model railroading projects.  I use the strips, which are about 9/16" wide and square for pipe filters!  I cut them down with a sharp knife to about 1 3/8" long(same as the filters), and then scrape them lengthwise until they fit the pipe. This works for me when I want to use a filter.  They are inexpensive and can be found at Walmart or Hobby Lobby!  Or, you can just smoke the pipe without a filter!