A 100 years ago today we lost our rights in driving!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael, the article says it is the 101st anniversary. My question is, where the heck was this reporter this time last year, during the 100th anniversary? :roll:

Interesting article though. I'll bet it was rough being a cop back then, before the traffic lights became prolific. On summer days like today, I wouldn't want to be standing in the middle of an intersection in this heat, directing traffic!

Interesting article Michael. I enjoyed reading it and thanks for posting it. :)

AJ

The biggest problem, it seems to me, is that most drivers are inept. At that point, any government is going to put in as many traffic lights, stop signs and off-ramps as it can.

Brewdude":7uyjtdmu said:
So it was the Brits that instituted this eh? They have a lot to answer for then.....
RR
Sorry chaps, but you really can't beat a good traffic light!

Stick":boou4g76 said:
Brewdude":boou4g76 said:
So it was the Brits that instituted this eh? They have a lot to answer for then.....
RR
Sorry chaps, but you really can't beat a good traffic light!

Such as this one David me ol' mukker?

Cheers,

RR

traffic-light-tree.jpg

I often wonder about this problem. How to direct traffic? My conclusion is sort of a gross one: make essentially every road a freeway, with overpasses and exits, and surround them with a half-mile of woods. It would not be as convenient or as inexpensive as our current option, but would be cleaner and less ugly. With zero traffic lights.