A Brethren's predicament

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay thistle

Reaction score
The Problem of living in Canada is the tax's on tobacco; Ontario specifically.

The prices are outrageous, between 20$-30$ for a 50g pouch/tin. We're also limited regarding the varieties of tobacco that are available up here. I've been on several US sites, and have been very pleased with the prices, Especially Pipeandcigars. However, the Shipping is abhorrent, Over 33$.

Does anyone have any recommended sites that they would like to share?

4 Noggins seems to be the choice for those that need shipping out of the US. www.4noggins.com

There is no problem with living in Canada. I am blessed every day with an excellent standard of living.

That being said, you should have your vendors ship USPS, preferably USPS First Class International. Vendors that will do that go to the head of the line for me.

Whiners!

Don't you know that good things grow in Ontario? Ontario has the third lowest tobacco taxes in the nation. Only Quebec and NB has it better. These three are traditionally the provinces that enjoy smuggling and it keeps the taxes down. If you want to see expensive tobacco then you should check out the prices in Alberta or Newfoundland. It's over a buck per gram in Newfoundland and it's pretty close to that in Alberta.

Talk to Richard at 4Noggins. He can fix you up. And order more per order to offset the shipping cost. Pretend that you are a remittance man.

I like the idea of living in Canada, however, I'm sure the reality of living through a winter in the Great White North would probably kill me. It's 76F in LA today.

Harlock999":mhft7679 said:
I like the idea of living in Canada, however, I'm sure the reality of living through a winter in the Great White North would probably kill me. It's 76F in LA today.
We start complaining about the heat not long after water is liquid. If you can't walk on water then it's too hot.

The sad part of this is that many canucks are exiled outdoors when they smoke. Not all of us though. Pipes perform badly in real cold. Things are ok down to about 15 F. But below that they increasingly start to misbehave. The flavour starts to go and condensation increases. The result is not pleasant.

Rusty":v8ldxpys said:
Harlock999":v8ldxpys said:
We start complaining about the heat not long after water is liquid. If you can't walk on water then it's too hot.

The sad part of this is that many canucks are exiled outdoors when they smoke. Not all of us though. Pipes perform badly in real cold. Things are ok down to about 15 F. But below that they increasingly start to misbehave. The flavour starts to go and condensation increases. The result is not pleasant.
That's funny, we start complaining about the cold when we can see our breath.

Harlock999":kxnkp5js said:
Rusty":kxnkp5js said:
Harlock999":kxnkp5js said:

That's funny, we start complaining about the cold when we can see our breath.
That's still swimming weather up here.

Www.sellcanuckscheaptobacco.ca.ay!, maybe I should register this domain name

Harlock999":zo4fuw3q said:
Can't argue with the balmy temps in the south. I can see myself as a snowbird within the decade. This year, in southern Ontario, we had less snow than a lot of the US states. My lawn is mostly bare right now. Spring is around the corner!